1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8 Posts
I do heat transfers, and one of my biggest problems right now is that I can't print larger that 8.5 x 11. People want XL shirts and I can't make designs any wider than 10.5in (you have to have some border).

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I'm currently doing fine with 10.5x8 printing area, but granted I already HAD the Epson printer w/ Durabrite inks ahead of time. It really boils down to what you want to print; if you know you could find some use (and have a press large enough to support) out of the larger printing area, go for it. If you'll be primarily printing on Small-Large shirts or doing only small to medium designs, a smaller printer can do just fine.

Also, make sure whichever printer you choose works with pigmented ink such as the OEM Durabrite ink.

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was on the epson site and didn't see anything about OEM durabrite. All it said was Epson UltraChrome™ Hi-Gloss Pigment Ink or Dye based photographically superior Photo Ink system on the other one.

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AAAAAAAahhhhhhhhhh I want to shoot myself. Twinge, can you please tell me what printer I should be that works with pigmented ink such as the OEM Durabrite ink and can print in wide format and Ill buy it. I think im making things too complicated for myself between deciding what printer, paper, heatpress shirts, transfer, etc... to get and so far I got nothing.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have recently purchased an epson 1280. Very good printer, so glad i spent the extra money so i can print in wide format. You have to purchase after market ink though, epson does not make the Durabrite ink for the 1280. I actually purchased a bulk ink system from the supply house. Very good stuff

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have recently purchased an epson 1280. Very good printer, so glad i spent the extra money so i can print in wide format. You have to purchase after market ink though, epson does not make the Durabrite ink for the 1280. I actually purchased a bulk ink system from the supply house. Very good stuff
Hi triple, I have an epson 1280 as well, could you tell me the name of the bulk ink system that you purchased?

Thanks,
Carol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts