T-Shirt Forums banner

41 - 60 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hello Isaac,

The changover to the DX4 dampers is showing great improvement over the cartridges. We have not changed the factory dampers at the printhead as jgabby has shown on this thread, but just this week one machine had clogged two white channels at the printheads dampers. We changed all the white dampers out with new and back in action. I will most likely follow jgabby in installing the DX7 dampers soon just waiting on his feedback of any issues. I like the image armor ink over dupont and had expected some growing pains as it is the new game in town. That being said, if anyone has channels drop out due to the ink seperation you have to get the dampers and printhead apart immediately and cleaned or it gets expensive quick. Just waterfall the printhead and back flush the dampers till all ink is out and your good to go. I have attached pics showing our setup below.
Thank you for all the information and Picture !! Nice and Clean Bravo !

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love the acrylic hood

Thank you for your feed back
The acrylic is actually very functional. If you look closely we opened up the plastic housing so we could clean the maintenance station from the top allowing full inspection of that area. By releasing the printhead and moving it over to the left we can also get to the dampers for quick swap out and waterfall the printhead when needed. 1 hour of labor and sheet of acrylic makes life a bit easier, haha.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello Jgabby,
Thanks for sharing your project.
If we use dx4 dumper instead of ink cartridges, it means will bypass the printers pressurization pump and no need to use the pump?

Sent from my SM-N9100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
You don't bypass anythink :)
I don't understand -- you're saying with dampers at both sides of the system (in the ink bay assembly and above the printhead) there is STILL an ink pressurization system in place? How is that possible, it appears you took the ink pressurizing dampers out (from above the printhead).

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I don't understand -- you're saying with dampers at both sides of the system (in the ink bay assembly and above the printhead) there is STILL an ink pressurization system in place? How is that possible, it appears you took the ink pressurizing dampers out (from above the printhead).
I was replying to a specific question
"If we use dx4 dumper instead of ink cartridges..."

But if you decide to switch with DX7 dampers for printhead, you only have to modify the ink tube, from the ink bay assembly exit to the print head, but you still use the original ink bay.
So yes there is still an ink pressurization system in place.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello lo Jgabby,
If I change both to DX4 damper at ink both and to DX7 damper at the print head, do I bypass pressurization system?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Hello lo Jgabby,
If I change both to DX4 damper at ink both and to DX7 damper at the print head, do I bypass pressurization system?

no,

you only have to modify the ink tube, from the ink bay assembly exit to the print head

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Just waterfall the printhead and back flush the dampers till all ink is out and your good to go. I have attached pics showing our setup below.

@PirateLife -- what's the optimal way to back flush the dampers (above printhead)? I have 2 white channels out this morning, replaced ink cartridges with new ones, checked everything, no draw, so I am assuming my printhead dampers are clogged.

I pulled them off and looked at backflushing it but wasn't sure what the optimal path is.

Also, what do you backflush with? CLeaning solution? Distilled?

·
Registered
13 Posts
@PirateLife -- what's the optimal way to back flush the dampers (above printhead)? I have 2 white channels out this morning, replaced ink cartridges with new ones, checked everything, no draw, so I am assuming my printhead dampers are clogged.

I pulled them off and looked at backflushing it but wasn't sure what the optimal path is.

Also, what do you backflush with? CLeaning solution? Distilled?
Brian,

Is your dampers at the printhead off and separated from the plastic damper housing? If so, take a syringe full of either cleaning solution or warm distilled water and fill a syringe. Make sure if your using distilled water its warm not boiling hot so you don't damage the damper. Take the syringe and plug it into the bottom of the damper that attaches to the printhead. With your index finger and thumb, press in on the clear side of the damper so it cannot expand out and press the fluid into the damper. If the damper is not fully clogged you should get flow coming out the other end of the damper. If you have to really push the syringe and get no flow the damper is trash. You may have a little flow the first few times but over time the ink should loosen and a good flow will exist. I found that the mesh screen on the damper will start to clear up as you do this a few times. You can also take your fingernail and work the area of the screen inside of the damper to help break up the ink buildup. The damper should be completely clear of all ink if it properly cleaned out. I have had luck with soaking badly clogged dampers in a cup of cleaning solution for several days to help unclog them. Remember to only backflush the dampers so the clog seperates from the screen and discharges out the other end.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
@PirateLife -- I took one of my P600s apart entirely, including the tubing and the damper box at the printhead. WHAT A MESS. Ink everywhere, holy crap.

I reverse flushed a damper and it was definitely clogged. After a reverse flush, distilled water flows smoothly now.

Holy cow this is a pain and a really bad design for DTG. Those dampers need to be removed from the entire system 100% -- I like the idea of replacing them with DX7 dampers but that is a LOT of work to do. I have a bad P600 I am going to rebuild using @jgabby's DX4 and DX7 photos and see if that helps.

One of my P600s lost a white channel within 3 days, and I am 99% certain it's those printhead dampers along with IA white ink that causes it.

Does anyone remove ink daily and replace with cleaning carts for overnight auto flushes?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
@jgabby and @PirateLife -- why do we bother going from the bags to the DX4 damper thru the entire printer to the DX7 damper? Why can't you go from the bag straight into the DX7 damper and skip all the other tubing?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Does anyone remove ink daily and replace with cleaning carts for overnight auto flushes?
That would be an overkilling task, because of the design...
We are here to print, not getting handcuffed to a printer, and doing nothing more in our life than doing maintenance lol

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
@jgabby and @PirateLife -- why do we bother going from the bags to the DX4 damper thru the entire printer to the DX7 damper? Why can't you go from the bag straight into the DX7 damper and skip all the other tubing?
Yes you can, some already done it.

I may do it as well, maybe,
it is very very easy to do.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Yes you can, some already done it.

I may do it as well, maybe, unless I get an M-link ;)
It is very very easy to do.

41 - 60 of 130 Posts