T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 40 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Maybe they didn't reply because of ISS Atlantic City Show.

I gave you a standard list if you choose cartridge, If you go the dampers way, just change the name :)

For kentsystems It is a male / femal shutoff system, very useful, easy to refill. You need 1/16" barb for ink tube ID 1/16" - OD 1/8".
There are video on youtube. With the right syringe

This model is perfect

Do you think that with the refillable ink bags and the dampers setup I'll need WIMS?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I am probably going to give this a try in the coming month. Want to try to bypass the pressurized system completely.

I have a printhead that drips a bit.

I found a way for it to stop dripping:
1-do regular head clean at start of day
2- unplug pump from system
3-do another head clean-make sure it is a regular clean and does not start doing the capping station super suck thing it does sometimes
4-print shirt
5-about every shirt, every other shirt plug in the pump to allow one suction

Kinda annoying, but it works consistantly. Before the magenta was dripping and getting sucked into the the yellow channel. I only have a cmyk, so it may or may not work if using white as well.

I dont want to completely blame the pressure system, because I know that the printhead is clogged in the white nozzles. I did replace the dampers, and ink delivery system. Think it may be easier to maintain the printer without the pressure system.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I received all the parts, I finished the ink tube delivery modification, all fitted in the printer so 90% of the job is done.

I just have to connect new ink line to dampers, place the MK/LK sensor somewhere, a small cut to secure tightly the dampers that is all. I am confident.

I will post the last part end of next week

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just want to thank you for posting your progress. We have three spectra units here and had the same issues with the Image Armor ink clogging up our dampers at the printhead. We output on average 150 imprints a day per machine, so lack of circulation is not the issue here. We shake the bags daily and also lay them flat at night and we still see the separation in the ink the next morning. I always thought the carts were a choke point and then causing the system to the printhead dampers to clog. We were able to recover our printheads immediately and also back flush the dampers for reuse. We replaced the carts with the same dampers you are using at the ink delivery tray. We chose to stay with the factory dampers at the printhead just to stay with the original setup and see how it would go. After three full ink bag swaps using image armor we fill from the liter bottles, we have been successful the print daily with no clogging.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Damon, you give an interresting feedback with IA, cartridge vs DX4 dampers.

Since I switched the DX4 dampers (early february) , I have not yet change any of them, even more they are so cheap compare to cardridge...
So even if it work now, I will replace them all 3 months (white only) and all 6 months for colors.

The head dampers modification gives easier maintenance, especially when you have a problem with 1 channel, you don't have to depressurise the whole system.
And you know when you depressurised, it could be long for the ink to print back to normal. In my opinion, this is because of air bubbles.
You can see air bubble in the line, which is nasty, but so easy to get rid of now.

It is possible to flush the white only if you know you are not printing dark garment for the next week.

An other exemple, is that you don't need ink charge to fill the ink line, you just "open" the DX7 head dampers, give pressure with your hand on the ink bag, and the ink immediatly flow from the bag to the head dampers. (ink charge needs ink chips that read full)

There is an other solution to even get faster maintenance, the solution is to get rid of the ink delivery system. and connect ink bag straight to the DX7 head dampers.
I know some people I trying to do it, and I wait for their feedback.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just want to thank you for posting your progress. We have three spectra units here and had the same issues with the Image Armor ink clogging up our dampers at the printhead. We output on average 150 imprints a day per machine, so lack of circulation is not the issue here. We shake the bags daily and also lay them flat at night and we still see the separation in the ink the next morning. I always thought the carts were a choke point and then causing the system to the printhead dampers to clog. We were able to recover our printheads immediately and also back flush the dampers for reuse. We replaced the carts with the same dampers you are using at the ink delivery tray. We chose to stay with the factory dampers at the printhead just to stay with the original setup and see how it would go. After three full ink bag swaps using image armor we fill from the liter bottles, we have been successful the print daily with no clogging.
Hey Damon,
Would like to know if everything work like excepted now with IA Ink with dampers instead of cartridges ?

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Damon,
Would like to know if everything work like excepted now with IA Ink with dampers instead of cartridges ?

Thanks
Hello Isaac,

The changover to the DX4 dampers is showing great improvement over the cartridges. We have not changed the factory dampers at the printhead as jgabby has shown on this thread, but just this week one machine had clogged two white channels at the printheads dampers. We changed all the white dampers out with new and back in action. I will most likely follow jgabby in installing the DX7 dampers soon just waiting on his feedback of any issues. I like the image armor ink over dupont and had expected some growing pains as it is the new game in town. That being said, if anyone has channels drop out due to the ink seperation you have to get the dampers and printhead apart immediately and cleaned or it gets expensive quick. Just waterfall the printhead and back flush the dampers till all ink is out and your good to go. I have attached pics showing our setup below.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.