T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using cartridges and bagged ink for my r3000 printer for about a year with minimal problems (had a couple faulty cartridges initially).

I am wondering if there would be better inkflow if dampers were placed on the ink supply system instead of using cartridges?

Anyone do this with their R3000 or p600?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does any one know exactly what the pressure pump is doing in the R3000?

I know it is a gravity feed system. Is the pump just keeping the lines filled?

Excited to see if your damper system works out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I am probably going to give this a try in the coming month. Want to try to bypass the pressurized system completely.

I have a printhead that drips a bit.

I found a way for it to stop dripping:
1-do regular head clean at start of day
2- unplug pump from system
3-do another head clean-make sure it is a regular clean and does not start doing the capping station super suck thing it does sometimes
4-print shirt
5-about every shirt, every other shirt plug in the pump to allow one suction

Kinda annoying, but it works consistantly. Before the magenta was dripping and getting sucked into the the yellow channel. I only have a cmyk, so it may or may not work if using white as well.

I dont want to completely blame the pressure system, because I know that the printhead is clogged in the white nozzles. I did replace the dampers, and ink delivery system. Think it may be easier to maintain the printer without the pressure system.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I have converted the inkbay to dx4 wide filter dampers.
Has been working great!

I did not take the whole inkbay out. I used the body of older carts to hold the chip in place. Takes a little finessing, but definitely worth it.

Will change the printhead dampers to dx7 if the current stock ones start giving me trouble.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
WOW! Love what you did with the treatbot enclosure.

I am making a DIY pretreat machine and will probably use you idea lol

Your pictures are not showing up in the actual thread fyi.

Does any one have the correct order of the color lines to the inkbay printhead when doing the dx7 conversion?

Like yellow tube goes to which printhead nozzle?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Yeah I think the dampers I got the spacing is wrong. They are the DX7 version, but they are more of a rectangle and not the circle ones.

THe circle ones probably work better, not sure tho.

I have a R3000, and I just pull out/trigger the ink bay open signal when it says that the cartridge is low. This resets the empty cartridge to full. Works on all chips I have used.

I bought 10 full sets of chips off aliexpress for when I need to do a full ink charge. I dont do many of them, so still have lots of chips.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.