T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting an error message on my Epson R3000 diy dtg build shortly after powering on the printer. The head moves slowly out but normal speed going back, head moves up and down, however while initialization take place as the shaft turns, it gives the error message, I also noticed the light does not come on at the encoder. I have changed the main board also changed CN 1 cable which did not look too good. Also ran the adjustment program, did not need resetting inks or wast ink pad ..

· Registered
207 Posts
As your DTG R 3000 is not a Spectra model you will not have three wires to the encoder wheel sensor. So the following might help.
Your encoder sensor will be getting is power through a small cable attached to it. The other end of the cable should be attached to a sub-board on the back left side. That board will receive its power/signals through the cable attached to the lower left side of the side board. That cable gets its power from the Mother board. In the past we have found the trouble to be in the connections on the sub-board. One time the cable to the sensor had a broken line in the cable. It was found by checking each cable line with a continuity meter. If it isn't in the cables and connections it might be the sensor. But I would bet on a cable problem, possibly a bent cable tip.

Hope you figure it out, it can be frustrating.

· Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gene, thanks for the heads up on this.. I should have mentioned that my build has the UFO base. I taken your advice and start checking the connection of board came with the base unit, I traced the light not coming on issue to the PF encoder assy. Luckily I had a spare one, I plugged the cable in place and now the light does come on. Tomorrow I will replace the bad one the board must of shorted out.,.will see how it goes!

· Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the PF encoder installed and a new ribbon cable, powers up fine but now I can't get past the Paper Jam warning on the LED readout telling how to remove the jamb paper, that did not help any. Any ideas??

· Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did reinstall the print head,, checked all the cables nothing new happening.. I may have to email David at UFO printers, see if he could shine some light on the problem. I go through all the procedures at start up, first thing it does is send the tray out, I go through the procedure when on screen says remove jam paper and says, to do all it ask me to do and say hit OK.. it sends the tray back out and says remove jam paper again. I repeat the procedure it tells me to do.. but same thing all over again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.