T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a Epson R1800. Anyone have any opions on this printer? Would like to hear if anyone has used one or not.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also thinking of getting the Geo Knight DC16 press. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Hi Jason, Lou posted some information about the R1800 in this thread:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=2714&highlight=R1800

To start you off, you can do a forum search for R1800 or Knight and you'll find topics on that printer and press.

Then if anybody has any updated information, they can add it here.

I've only heard good things about Geo Knight presses in general.

:welcome:

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have an r1800. if youre interested in doing strictly transfers, i believe theres another cheaper epson that does wide format printing (up to 13 in.), i forget the model #... the r1800 is a photographic quality printer, and it may be a little too fancy for transfer printing alone, plus it uses k3 ultrachrome, not durabrite... and bulk ink is a lot easier to come by for a six color set up... i take in a lot of print jobs as well so i have yet to swap out my stock inks for magicmix, but im sure it will compromise the quality of photo and brochure prints... my point is you cant do both w/ the r1800... you can print perfect photos (k3) or perfect t shirt transfers (magicmix or other brands im not aware of), but you cant do both... again, if you just want to do transfers, i wouldnt spend 650 after taxes on the r1800, get the cheaper wide format epson

1 - 6 of 6 Posts