T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could not print with my 1800 build after putting it all together, so I bought a new print head from Compass micro. I got the gold Teflon coated one which is a F186000.. I was told that it would work in the R1800 as well. However the printer still not laying any ink down after two print heat cleaning cycle. Can anyone help me what I should be doing next.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
zanone By the way I use to live in Papa Hungary, now living in the States... Thanks for your help! I checked the fuses, there are only one and it's located on the power board F1 and it's still good. Any other suggestion?
kőszönöm!

·
Registered
125 Posts
zanone By the way I use to live in Papa Hungary, now living in the States... Thanks for your help! I checked the fuses, there are only one and it's located on the power board F1 and it's still good. Any other suggestion?
kőszönöm!
Hi frank,
there are two fuses on the R1800 board, F1 which you have already checked and F2 which is on the other side of the board and this when blown is normally the reason for no ink being printed. I made a modification to my board so that I could use a normal glass fuse. The information is in the following http://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t214942.html. By the way its not the one on the power board, both fuses are on the motherboard.
Hope this helps Regards Marty

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Marty, Thanks for the good advice... I will look for the F2 fuse on the main board,,, the F1 fuse I found is on the power board, it's a glass type.. and so is there another F1 fuse on the main board as well? The interesting thing is,,, I always unplug the power to the printer when I change heads which I learned from my old Roland CJ printer. I do like your fuse conversion!!

frank,

·
Registered
125 Posts
Marty, Thanks for the good advice... I will look for the F2 fuse on the main board,,, the F1 fuse I found is on the power board, it's a glass type.. and so is there another F1 fuse on the main board as well? The interesting thing is,,, I always unplug the power to the printer when I change heads which I learned from my old Roland CJ printer. I do like your fuse conversion!!

frank,
Yes there is another F1 fuse on the main board it is near the large capacitor just in front of the heat sink.
Regards Marty

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well,, I checked F1 and F2 on the main board.. couldn't get any reading on F2, so I will follow Marty's advice and install a glass type fuse somewhere on the board so that it could be easily get to in the future if need to..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.