T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've been thinking of starting my own company that sells custom t-shirts to customers. (The customer provides the design)

Since I don't have any equipment to put designs on t-shirts, I have to contact a printer that I know and send her the design for printing.. I'll also be selling my own t-shirts soon once I think up a few designs.

Now my question, is it viable for me to run a business that takes designs from customers and pay a printer to print them? I mean, what's stopping the customer to just contact the printer themselves and order from him/her?

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
3,420 Posts
Now my question, is it viable for me to run a business that takes designs from customers and pay a printer to print them? I mean, what's stopping the customer to just contact the printer themselves and order from him/her?
In reality nothing is stopping them if they know that your subbing the work out, that said if you give them great service and pricing they wouldn't have a reason to, you can handle it two ways, be upfront and tell them that the work is being sub'd, or don't tell them.

I'm not suggesting that you lie to your customer if asked but as long as they get their stuff when promised at the quoted price they have agreed to "who" or "where" the work is done is of little consequence. IMHO

In a lot of businesses it's not uncommon to sub out work or a portion of a job to either expedite the job or because of a higher level of expertise the sub contractor may have, if you don't want your customers to know, you need to be careful in your pricing and pay attention that the finished goods have no reference to the sub contractor you customer might see.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.