T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am just wondering if there is anyone out there that has or has used an Anatol Lightning Press. I am at the DAX show in chicago and am seriously thinking of buying one tomorrow and would like some feedback on one if anyone has one. It seems solid and the micros seem well designed and built, but I would like to hear from anyone who knows. Thanks

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wondering if you were still looking for press I am a rep for Anatol if you are still in the market please feel free to contact me at [email protected]anatol.com Thanks Cory
Actually Cory, I believe I met you at the DAX show and I purchased a 6/4 lightning that you guys are putting the slide style pallets on and getting it ready for me to pick up on Friday, I cant wait, Maybe you could sneak 2 extra platens- 1 sleeve and 1 youth and Ill help promote Anatol(lol) cant fault me for trying. Thanks

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm interested in that press as well, William. If you could post up your thoughts once you receive it, I'd be really appreciative.
I sure will, I can tell you from trying it at the show, it is a solid press, but please remember, I have a 6/2 ryonet silver press and I am a novice still, so my opinion might not be an educated one but i will post once I get it hopefully friday.

· Registered
47 Posts
I recently bought a lighting this past feb after owning 3 manuals from them and let me tell you they dont make them like they use to. The whole press came in twisted so i hand to send it back. pieces broken every where. I know this may have been shipping to but you could see a lot of parts from previous presses that were replaced with plastic instead of the metal. for christ sakes i had 2 plattens there were taped so bad I could rip them right off the channel. I was super bummed. Now i am looking for a used one 2 to 4 years old anatol cause those puppies are awesome. but the lighting is definetly a huge step down for anatol

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I recently bought a lighting this past feb after owning 3 manuals from them and let me tell you they dont make them like they use to. The whole press came in twisted so i hand to send it back. pieces broken every where. I know this may have been shipping to but you could see a lot of parts from previous presses that were replaced with plastic instead of the metal. for christ sakes i had 2 plattens there were taped so bad I could rip them right off the channel. I was super bummed. Now i am looking for a used one 2 to 4 years old anatol cause those puppies are awesome. but the lighting is definetly a huge step down for anatol
Now, I am getting nervous, the press at the show looked solid and felt solid, it is supposed to be delivered on tues. I hope it is good. Does yours print good?

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm interested in that press as well, William. If you could post up your thoughts once you receive it, I'd be really appreciative.
Well I received the press a few days ago. I know it is still way early to make an accurate assessment, but printed first job with it today and all I can say is wow, compared to the silver, setup is just a couple turns of some knobs and it just feels so solid. I did 40 shirts front and back single color prints and it was just worlds different. It went quicker and I felt more confident and moved quicker. Yes, it has some plastic on it,(the adjustment knobs) but aluminum pallets and side clamps. I haven't printed on anything but the silver so I can't say how it stacks up with the other brands but at 3600 for a 6/4 it seemed like a deal for me. Maybe later, I'll post pics although you can see those at Anatols website.

· Registered
31 Posts
I just have to give my 2 cents for whats it's worth, even though you have already purchased your press I am hoping this might save some other person looking for reviews on Anatol presses. We purchased a Titan press from the Orlando show last year and have had nothing but problems. The salesman visited my shop to sell me the machine and once again to pick up the deposit. Other than that, I have never heard from or seen him again. We received our machine (minus the sleeve platens we were promised in the sale) and it sat on our loading dock for about 3 weeks until finally one of my local screen print suppliers (and Anatol rep) arranged for someone he knew to set up the machine. After 3 days of installing, the machine did not work properly. After about 2 more weeks and constant phone calls to Anatol, they finally sent a tech out to fix it. It took the rep 5 full days to get the machine operational. Since the purchase, the machine has not worked for a consecutive 2 weeks without problem. Now I am being told there are defective switches on the machine and each time one goes out, they send me one to replace it. I have contacted Anatol on MANY occasions and spoke to MANY different employees and managers and am now threatening legal action. If they know switches are defective, why do they only send them out one at a time instead of sending enough to replace all of them? Because they only have 44 pieces of replacement switches! This is the most unprofessional company I have EVER come across. The customer service is the worst! All they want is your money and then, you are on your own! Save yourself the problems and buy something else!

· Registered
1,318 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again..not a fan of anatol anything..press / dryers thanks but no thanks. Do yourself a favor and stick to the more reputable better known brands. I'm a manual printer and I will print on a workhorse til the end. I have seen first hand the horror stories of anatol auto presses being a nightmare not to mention the dryer..never printed on a anatol manual so listen to the advice of those who have..FYI just about any press will look and feel better than a silver press..

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums app

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.