T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
First off, hi what's up, first post here. I've searched through some threads, but don't have time to read everything at this point. I have to have some shirts ready by this weekend, I've never made shirts and have a press I'm borrowing from a friend. Just ordered the shirts tonight, so they'll be here by thursday, my problem is with the transfer sheets. I'll be using a HP 2210 all in one series ink jet printer (i know it's not the best, but that's what i'm working with). I did a quick test with some avery products I picked up from wally world, and they came out ok, but I had to cut the design out of the paper so I didn't have a bunch of white around the design i used.

So here's the question. Which paper should I use? Best quality with ease of use, and so I don't have to cut the design out cause that's going to take too long.

here's the second try after cutting the design out. this is how i want the final product to look without cutting the image out

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/white8785/LR/shirttry1.gif

here's the first try not cutting the image out. this is what i don't want.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/white8785/LR/shirttry2.gif

I have to order the transfer sheets tomorrow so if anyone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. This beats the hell out of paying a screen printer, especially when you can customize them without such an investment. I'll be checking the site out more as I go, but for now I need immediate help.

which ever paper is suggested please post a link to a good place to purchase them.

thanks a lot

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Re: quick help

I am sorry to have to tell you this but when you are working with opaque transfers for dark shirts you are going to have to cut the transfers (see my videos) Your only other option is screen printing (maybe local) or having plastisol transfers made (time frame maybe long)If you were working with light or white you would be able to use different transfers. How many shirts are you doing and do you expect to be doing any volume in the future?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

which transfers would i use if i was working with white shirts?

I'm doing 20-30 this time, mostly t's, but a couple hoody's.

volume probably wouldn't exceed 20-50 at a time, and not too often. mostly just making new shirts for me to wear as advertising for my site.

·
Registered
54 Posts

I think that the other way will be to use a vinyl printer/cutter (Ex: Roland Versacamm), it will print and cut the graphic at one time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

a vinyl/cutter would be sweet, but i don't have cash like that.

screen printing is out cause they want a min of 50 shirts and there's no way they could get them done for me in less than a week.

what about these plastisol transfers? who could i get to make these locally and how expensive are they usually. either way i'll either be ordering some transfers today or finding a place to print the plastisols.

thanks for the help guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts