T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please! I just received a rush order tonight for possibly up to or over 100 shirts. I only have white Gildan from Jiffyshirts in stock so they agreed to use them. I am using my Epson 1100 Workforce and will need to order new ink as well (the #68 multipack is around 50.00 or the smaller #69 is around 37). The order is due Monday, with the details to work out tomorrow but they probably will be front and back designs with pics and text for a record label. I currently have an order of 50 11x17 and 50 8.5x11 JPSS that cost 52.20 and 41.00 respectively (didn't have the tshirt discount for the smaller paper-went through ebay-oops but I appreciated using it for the 11x17 paper!) due to shipping costs that were over 12.00 on both. I am trying to figure a fair price because the better the price, the more he is going to order (on a budget like the rest of us), starting at ten and going over 100. I don't want to cut myself short, but a friend that will bring me more business hooked us up and is looking for the best deal for them too. How do I price fairly without hurting myself?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I calculated all my costs and estimated my ink useage as I am not yet sure what kind of yield I am going to get. My biggest worry was charging too much for my time, but I know that I will be spending a bit on the design and editing as well as the printing. The way I have it figured now, my costs are approximately $400 for 100 shirts, and I plan on asking for $8 a shirt which will give me $400 profit. There are a lot of graphics with text on both the front and back which are going to take some time and planning. I know these friends will refer many more so I don't want to overprice, but I don't want to sell my time short either.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
$400 labor for the pressing is fine, charge extra for the graphic work. I charge $2.50/press + $45/hr for graphic layout.

BTW, how many colors are in the design? And I'll tell you what I would charge to do it in plastisol.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After a lot of stress about the timeline and odering supplies, he never came back with the graphics to finish designing the shirts. That worked out ok for us, as we have many orders in the works and the JPSS is already here! He didn't seem to crazy about my final price (I came down to a final quote of 6.50 per shirt for 110 shirts) even though he paid 20 per shirt from another guy awhile back. I have read many posts where people have run into this and figure my time is better spent on people who aren't looking for something for free. Thanks for explaining your pricing guidlines. It's tough to be put on the spot trying to explain to someone that this isn't a freebee!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts