T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just started on this sublimation lark. When printing out your designs etc, what paper setting should you use? I have been printing as if using normal paper, but wondered whether I should be setting it up as using photopaper or similar?

Thanks

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help.

Ive now set printer up as follows:

Paper: Epson Glossy
Quality: Superfine
Colour management: ICM (with no colour adjustment)
Quality option: Text and Image

Is that the best set-up?

Also, I'm trying to print some black writing onto a polyester flag. It is coming out green when pressing on low temperatures (190 c) but does get darker as I increase the temperature (240 c).

Is it better to keep the temperature lower but increase the pressing time? I am pressing for about 55 seconds at the moment.

Thanks very much. Much appreciated.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi again!

I had a thought and so I printed out a design using grayscale so as to remove any possible problem with the other colours. The design printed out what looked perfect black, but on the flag it again appeared as a very dark green. It did look blacker when pressed onto a mousemat.

Would this indicate it is more likely to be a problem with either the paper I am using or with the temperature / pressure settings?

· Registered
83 Posts
For doing sublimation I use a SUB LIMATION POWER DRIVER and sublimation paper ( accuplot)
I recently printed out a designs to put on a license plate it was to be black and siver and on plate it came out brown and white once I downloaded power driver which will give you a list of materials you want to sub to such as
unisub products, mousepad,ceramic,metal,polyester fabric
Once I chosen what material I wanted to sub to and printed it and sublimated to item it came out with the colors I was expecting and designed it to look like.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.