T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've just started on this sublimation lark. When printing out your designs etc, what paper setting should you use? I have been printing as if using normal paper, but wondered whether I should be setting it up as using photopaper or similar?

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I don't think they are Sawgrass inks. All new Sawgrass
systems use bags of ink.

Yes, you do need a profile but since you are stuck,
I recommend a media type of like photo paper glossy or
matte paper. Set the color mode to ICC with "no color
adjustment"

let me know.

You may want to watch my videos at:

YouTube - condesystems's Channel

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help.

Ive now set printer up as follows:

Paper: Epson Glossy
Quality: Superfine
Colour management: ICM (with no colour adjustment)
Quality option: Text and Image

Is that the best set-up?

Also, I'm trying to print some black writing onto a polyester flag. It is coming out green when pressing on low temperatures (190 c) but does get darker as I increase the temperature (240 c).

Is it better to keep the temperature lower but increase the pressing time? I am pressing for about 55 seconds at the moment.

Thanks very much. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi again!

I had a thought and so I printed out a design using grayscale so as to remove any possible problem with the other colours. The design printed out what looked perfect black, but on the flag it again appeared as a very dark green. It did look blacker when pressed onto a mousemat.

Would this indicate it is more likely to be a problem with either the paper I am using or with the temperature / pressure settings?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am just using the standard epson drivers. The only way I can get the black to sublimate correctly is to print in grayscale, otherwise it comes out as shades of green.

·
Registered
82 Posts
For doing sublimation I use a SUB LIMATION POWER DRIVER and sublimation paper ( accuplot)
I recently printed out a designs to put on a license plate it was to be black and siver and on plate it came out brown and white once I downloaded power driver which will give you a list of materials you want to sub to such as
unisub products, mousepad,ceramic,metal,polyester fabric
Once I chosen what material I wanted to sub to and printed it and sublimated to item it came out with the colors I was expecting and designed it to look like.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts