T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been reading on the forum for several days and am very excited to start my business. I think I am at a point where I need some input from everyone. If you care to help me out; please read on...

I am looking to start a small clothing line and I think it is important to note I am located in Utah. I have a good friend who is helping me with the designs. I am becoming more familiar with the different brands of shirts and the pros and cons of each, but I would like to hear others experiences who have been in a similar situation.

I would like to begin narrowing down the brands of t-shirt I will be looking at for samples. I am also working to obtain a reseller id or Tax id so I can get wholesale pricing when it's beneficial.

I looked at the Article1 website and really liked their quality, colors, fits etc. but they seem very expensive. I want to be able to offer a quality t shirt because I am looking to get these shirts in local stores and quality and professionalism are very important to me. I plan on putting in a ton of work and not really making any money to start, I look at this as a learning experience, and I will get better as I go.

I need tear away tags and would like more current\trendy color options and t shirt styles. I don't think I want to go with a Gildan\Anvil\"Hanes Beefy T" type shirt, but maybe that would work fine, I don't really know. Tear away tags, color options and fit of the shirt are all very important, but is there a happy medium between an Article1 type company and a Hanes Beefy T? I am quite overwhelmed with all of the options to be honest.

I will likely be screen printing on these shirts. I would like to find a company who offers both a mens and womens line of shirts so after I decide on the shirts I can purchase in bulk order through one company to save some money.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, I know this is a lot of information, my head is spinning a bit, but I am still having fun. :)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Daniel, glad to see that you are really checking out the options for your new venture. I'd say don't limit yourself to tear away tags. There aren't a whole lot of tear away tag blanks out there. It may be easier for you to take them out yourself, or have your supplier or screen printer take them out. Check out suppliers like SANMAR and TSC Apparel and see if they might work for you. Check your local yellow pages and talk to the screen printers. See what they have to say. Best of luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts