T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question to ask, what do you do when u have to apply transfers in diffrent locations on a shirt? say for instance, after you have put your image on the front of the shirt how would apply other transfers without reheating the whole shirt? would it mess up the other images u have from being redone? (like on the back side, sleeve, and front?)

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Hi Alex,

You can use a sheet of teflon to cover the already printed area of the shirt. Peel the teflon COLD with inks always.

Also, get a bottom plate teflon cover from stahls, this stays on the press always. You will need it sooner or later. More like sooner Eh! :)

Any other questions feel free to post.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Lucy, when i got my press the other day, i also ordered the teflon sheet for the top and the cover for the bottem, so what u are sayin is that if i like transfered a image on the front already and decided to do one on the arm sleeve, just cover the front image with the teflon sheet and when im done applying the sleeve one wait til the shirt cools before i take off the teflon sheet so it doesn't mess up the image? how many seconds later? less then 10 seconds? thanks lucy

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
ajizzy said:
wait til the shirt cools before i take off the teflon sheet so it doesn't mess up the image?

thanks lucy
yes, with most inks on a RE-PRESS always let it cool completely before you peel/remove the teflon.

Alex, you will make some mistakes as you go, use scrap fabric to practice, but go for it. Play around and you will get the feel for it as you go. It wont be long before you look back and say " Heck, printing shirts is Eazy ". :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Lucy, like you said i have to give it a shot and thats the only way we can get better.. thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts