T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Thanks for taking in another noob to the forum.
I am running a print operation but am slightly new to it. but Baptism by fire is how I role.

I really need to pick up a Vinyl Plotter so that I can to last names and team numbers for t's and Sweaters.

I really don't want to spend the big bucks on the Roland Gx- whatever it is. lol but I want somehting that I am not going to waste srap with.

I for the most part am only going to be using it for sport teams. I've checked out Roland Sticka plotters that are tiny but I am worried that I might need somthing more down the road.

If you guys have advise as to what's cheap and works affectively that would be great. I want to be able to send vinyl sraps through.

thanks guys,

Nick

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
It sounds like a inexpensive cutter will work for you. I think the UScutter brand is a lot of cutter for a little money. They are a good product and have great customer support. ... JB

·
Registered
721 Posts
OK...I'm not saying this is the way to go if you can afford to go bigger, but I use my little Craft Robo for cutting t-shirt vinyl.

Your vinyl has to be cut to 9" wide, and your cut area is only about 7.5". However, you can cut it fairly long (like 19" at least).

Usually, when I'm doing names for jersey backs, I cut a 9" wide piece of 15" vinyl. If you rotate the design in Corel...now you can easily get 2 names on a sheet.

You won't need to rotate your design to cut large numbers. Again, cut a 9" piece of your 15" vinyl.

Those run around $300. It's a reasonable investment to get your feet wet...especially if you going to be doing mostly names, or text.

Only once have I had a design that was too large for my little cutter. It was pretty easy to split the design and press in 2 presses instead of one.

And oh yes...I use scraps all the time with the included carrier sheet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use a super old 12 inch roland believe it or not. my vinyl guy always wants to sell me a bigger better one but this one works well. i cut my material and feed it in crossways so that it fits. This has worked great. Have thought about a wider one and found some good deals on ebay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts