T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,

I was perusing the Pro World website this weekend when I noticed a special they are running. Buy X dollars worth of transfers and get a heat press for $99. I need another heat press because when we get busy during a show, it's hard for one press to keep up, plus the press tends top lose temperature after a few shirts in a row. We have three presses now and this one might do the trick. Plus, after some back and forth communications with this company a few months back, I had decided to give them a try when I was looking for new transfer designs. I know this is long winded, but there might be a win win situation brewing.

The website says that the machines are sold out right now, but I assume they will be getting some more in.

If you have one of these machines, I would like an honest appraisal. I know Pro World is active on this forum and one might ask why I don't just ask them these questions. But I think it is better to get the opinion of the users out there as to how they rate the company and it's heat press.

questions?

1. does the machine have even heating across the entire surface?

2. does the machine maintain it's temperature after a few shirts have been run through it?

3. Have you had any breakdowns?

4. If so, were the problems dealt with promptly by Pro World?

5. Has the machine needed servicing and if so, what was the turnaround time?

6. when grading on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being very poor and 10 being very excellent, how would you grade this machine?

7. how many amps or if your prefer watts does it take to power the press? does it take to

8. Have you had any issues that would not be covered by my questions that affected your grading?

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dude where are the answers to this question. I have the exact same question. I would like to start with this special but don't want to end up with crap and be out of the money for the press+shipping. Someone with experience please help a brother out! :)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I believe they've changed brands in recent years, but in the mid 90s my mother bit on this deal and got a 15x15 Mighty Press (they replaced the mighty press decals with Proworld ones, but you know what's underneath), I think back then it might've been like $500 and get a free press or something though, which could be seen as buying a heat press and getting a ton of designs free or whatever you like.

Believe I read that they sell a Hix/GeoKnight/Sunie or something these days, but still a pretty high quality brand/press for the money. Overall Proworld maintains a good reputation, so in the event something went awry, you shouldn't have any problems getting it resolved.

That press we got back then still works to this day, but isn't on our main production line anymore and is kept as a backup press in the event my other Mighty Press fails, but still pretty amazing that it still works. Here's the answers to your questions from my perspective even though it dates back 15 years ago!

1. The machine worked/still works well, but don't use it often anymore except in high production situations or when traveling (better to break the older stuff!).

2. Yes

3. Haven't had very many issues with that press, although it seems to run a bit hotter than my other Mighty Press.

4. Haven't had to call them about it in 15 years.

5. I do all of that in house unless it's under warranty, haven't had to take that press apart yet though. My newer Mighty Press has been apart a couple of times to repair the buzzer, replace the breaker, and replace the power switch, it gets used a lot more though, the old press also sat dormant for about 6-7 years before I started up my company and brought it out of retirement.

6. 10, one of the more stabler pieces of equipment that has stood the test of time.

7. Believe it eats up around 1800 watts and requires a 20 amp breaker to power it with a couple of computers, can't have much more without blowing the 20 amp breaker.

8. These things are a bit heavy and awkward to lug around, usually giving me bruises in the belly fat region when I haul em. My shop has two Mighty Presses with analog settings, and one digital swing press. I feel confident that if something goes wrong with the analog ones that I can take it apart and repair it, and worst case scenario just part swap in the event of a component failure.

Again, my answers pertain to a press that was gotten 15 years ago, but pretty sure Proworld still sells a quality brand. Their setup is more similar to a drug dealer's "the first hit's on the house" kinda thing :)

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
I would like to answer your questions based on the several thousand of these machines that we have sold:

They are in stock.

All machines have some variance. This has not been a problem with the TransPro regarding application of transfers.

2. does the machine maintain it's temperature after a few shirts have been run through it?

All machines will lose some heat. The TransPro recovers quire rapidly.

Of course. Every manufacturer of every machine has occasional malfunctions.

We deal with all problems in a 'heartbeat'.

Here again, any issue is resolved very promptly.

6. when grading on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being very poor and 10 being very excellent, how would you grade this machine?

For the price....10

7. how many amps or if your prefer watts does it take to power the press? does it take to

1200 w

8. Have you had any issues that would not be covered by my questions that affected your grading?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I contacted them for that $99 press deal because if you read the fine print it says that they will not sell this deal to Canadians. They replied very quickly and said that the press did not meet Canadian safety standards on the electrical end. Not sure what that is all about, but even though I was a little ticked that I could not get the deal to have a back up press, I still appreciate their honesty. But it does bring up the question that if it does not meet Canadian standards, why are they selling it in the States? We have the same power set ups!

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
It probably would meet the standards in Canada but has not been run through Canadian Standards Association so it can be sold here...Each country has their own standards organization and you must pay the piper ($1,000s of $s of fees) to get the Canadian approval.....Much the same as drugs that are approved in the US by the Federal Drug Administration must be run through Health Canada (and fees paid) before they can be sold in Canada....

·
Registered
504 Posts
All I can say is they are a bunch of crooks at the CSA. Someone has to be lining their pockets. I contacted ProWorld again and asked if I could get the 99$ offer if I picked it up and she said there was no problem with that, just that they cannot ship it to us. But I am calculating that it would be almost 10 hrs for me to go there and 10 hrs back plus gas and all other expenses that go with it, unless I am going close to there, it makes more sense to buy one locally. I was looking at it as a back up, I have a 16 x 20 Hot One from Stahls that is getting up there in age, so I think a back up wouldn't hurt. Things always have a tendency to let go when you are working on a big order.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been using my TransPro 15x15 for a year now. I can honestly say it was worth every penny and then some. I got the deal when it was $199 with the purchase of supplies/transfers.

I've pressed plastisol transfers, inkjet transfers on various papers, and several types of vinyl, but my primary use has been for sublimation.

It has been consistent throughout my year of use and matches up well with recommended temperature settings of the transfer materials and substrates that I use.

It gets used at least once a week for 1 to 4 hours at a time and I take it on site to various events in the area working from 4 to 10 hours as day for 1-4 days.

To answer your questions:

I've never had an obvious problem with variations in temperature but I've never actually tested the machine in any way except by pressing. And I've done full 15x15 sublimation transfers and they look great.

My largest production run was for 200+ shirts using plastisol transfers in one afternoon. The machine had no problem keeping up with me. I've also had the machine running for 8 -10 hours straight with pressings every 2 minutes to 1/2 hour during an onsite gig.

Nope.

I think I had a question back when I first got the machine and I posted it here and Ed responded the same day.

Nope.

For the money this is a 10.

It's a great little machine and I am considering getting the 16x20 version in the next couple of months.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had 2 of the 15x15 presses. For the money you cannot beat them.
They are a bit fragile, do not drop it!!! The first one bent up but still worked, uyou just had to manually put it back in place, then press. The second one did a week long event with me. Running 8+ hours a day, pressing over 1000 shirts.
We use ours as a back up to our Mighty Press. (cant go wrong with Stahls either, Mighty Press is over 7 years old and all our guys prefer it to any other)

Never had any issues. Press is at least one years old now.

All drop in temperature. This one recovers quickly enough to not even notice.

The first press did, but we dropped it, frame is not the sturdiest, seems to develop a lean and sometimes wont click in.

For $99 why even bother them? It is good enough that I am considering their 16x20

NO

For the value 10
for the Machine 8.

Just how the frame is not so strong. also seems to loose its lock down ability every once in a while.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.