T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm currently at the stage of setting up my t-shirt store whereby I need to hire a professional photographer to shoot pro-looking shots of models wearing my t-shirts etc.

For the promo shots that will be featured on my home page

In order to really cut costs (on a tight budget), is it a feasible idea to ask the photographer to shoot the model with a green screen in the background (or plain background), then I'll purchase stock images of exotic locations, then get the photographer to photo-manipulate the models and paste them into the exotic locations?

For the product shots

For the product shots (ie: [media]http://files.meetup.com/1492842/T-Shirt%20Model.JPG[/media]), is it a good idea to just shoot 1 model wearing a blank t-shirt, then I would personally overlay my t-shirt design onto the model image? I guess this would totally cut costs insanely instead of printing out all your t-shirts and getting the model to wear all of them.

I wonder if this will cut costs dramatically as opposed to hiring the photographer + models and getting them to pose in all kinds of location, which will cost a bomb.

The photography will cost a bomb (but I really want pro-looking images on my site), so any ideas to cut costs as much as possible would be awesome.

· Registered
965 Posts
I'll chime in on this one. I am a event photographer and I also have a mobile t shirt business. I have already purchased green screen software and I pretty much brought mannequins off of eBay and put my shirts on the mannequins and shot in front of a green screen for product photography purposes. It's hard to answer this question because photographer charges differently. However it would probably be cheaper to hired the photographer and shoot your product in front of a green screen, with models they would have to sign a release for marketing purposes, which is why I suggested the mannequins. You can get them cheap off of eBay. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.