T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
What's really funny for me(sorry Rodney, want to give other people the kind of insight I got into just how cool you are!) is that last week Rodney happened to give me a contact on something that I had been looking for forever. Well I went to the company's website and got some info, but I also did a google search on the company. On the first page that came up was a link to Rodney's website(I had no idea at the time!) and I looked it over very well and thought it was pretty cool and had seen it somewhere before(I'm not even a fan of that kind of stuff, still thought it was pretty cool). I was even thinking about getting a shirt for me and my brother-in-law(who loves that kind of stuff) but was really trying to research this company that Rodney had told me about.

It really helps me to understand how SEO can help your site! I had a question about it not too long ago, which Rodney made clear for me here. Now I really see the importance. I wasn't even looking for his site, or anything about it(I thought) but was very tempted to buy because I went there. Now I will definitely buy, since I know who runs the company!;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
  1. How long have you been in business?
8 years

1. What portion of your day/week/month do you spend on your business (in other words, is this your primary source of income, a hobby or are you striving to make this your primary source of income)?
I am self employed, t-shirts were my Primary source (not anymore though).

1. How do you market your shirts -- face-to-face, over the internet, both, other?
Trade shows, on the net, as well as "Brite sign" advertising.

1. To whom do you market your shirts? How do you define and identify your target market?
We did "Custom" tees so we marketed to idividuals as well as we did tons of tourest related stuff.

1. How do you advertise? What is your most successful form of advertising?
Brite Sign!!! Word of mouth (works but is very slow)

1. How are you organized -- sole proprietorship, corporation (C or S), partnership?
Sole Proprietor.

1. Did you have any business-ownership experience before you started?
No business ownership, but 25 years in retail Management

1. If you are in the US, what do you do about sales tax? How is the collection of sales tax affected if you sell face-to-face vs. over the internet vs. a combination?
I am in Canada. We charge sales tax. People expect to pay taxes so I would say that it has not effected our face to face sales. Most of our internet sales come from the US or overseas, so taxes are erelivent.

1. Why did you start your business?
Slowly. Part-time in my basement.

1. How much money did you have set aside when you started?
Not enough. Budget what you think you will need then triple it!

1. What is/was your breakeven point -- how many shirts did you have to sell before you started to make a profit?

1. What else do I need to know?
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
  1. How long have you been in business?
Two and a half years.

1. What portion of your day/week/month do you spend on your business (in other words, is this your primary source of income, a hobby or are you striving to make this your primary source of income)?
I spend 30 hours a week. I’m a student now, so I don’t have an income, but I fully plan on this being my primary income, along with any other companies I may start.

1. How do you market your shirts -- face-to-face, over the internet, both, other?
Internet only.

1. To whom do you market your shirts? How do you define and identify your target market?
College kids and hippies.

1. How do you advertise? What is your most successful form of advertising?
Search engines work best. I also do link exchanges, and t-shirtcountdown works sometimes.

1. How are you organized -- sole proprietorship, corporation (C or S), partnership?
Sole Proprietorship

1. Did you have any business-ownership experience before you started?
No

1. If you are in the US, what do you do about sales tax? How is the collection of sales tax affected if you sell face-to-face vs. over the internet vs. a combination?
Contact your local government.

1. Why did you start your business?
To make money and spread ideas

1. How much money did you have set aside when you started?
  1. What is/was your breakeven point -- how many shirts did you have to sell before you started to make a profit?

1. What else do I need to know?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.