T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Rodney said:
Although this is not top secret information, I do prefer not to post my retail t-shirt sites here :) Mostly because I don't think it's necessary for the discussions of the t-shirt business.
Rodney, I agree that it may not be necessary for t-shirt business discussion, I do think there would be people that don't know that would be interested in what you are selling and more of what you are about. I don't know if you could just have a little part of the site about it or what? It could be tricky to go about on the forums, but I don't think there is anything wrong with it at all. I think it would even be a good thing. They would be able to see that you not only provide a place for people to talk about the t-shirt business(and do quite about of contributing yourself), but also why. Because you also are in the same boat that most of us are in and really care about this forum, the t-shirt business in general, and those of here that are trying to learn and be successful.

I've been on forums about other things(and I'm sure I'm not alone in this), and didn't have a clue about who ran it, if they even cared about the topic, or if they just put together a forum from a template to sell ads, and get personal info. It really helps to know that you don't just run the forums, but that you are here for the same reasons we are, to get help where you need it and to help when you can. And while it's not top secret that you sell shirts and have other places that you do that, I think putting your shirt sites here on the forum can help people to understand your perspective and get a little more insight.

So while I understand the "delimma" of trying to provide a place for other people and that you don't want this site to be about you, I don't think people that are here for the right purposes or see how much you are involved in discussions, would view it that way!

Just my humble opinion!;)

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
What's really funny for me(sorry Rodney, want to give other people the kind of insight I got into just how cool you are!) is that last week Rodney happened to give me a contact on something that I had been looking for forever. Well I went to the company's website and got some info, but I also did a google search on the company. On the first page that came up was a link to Rodney's website(I had no idea at the time!) and I looked it over very well and thought it was pretty cool and had seen it somewhere before(I'm not even a fan of that kind of stuff, still thought it was pretty cool). I was even thinking about getting a shirt for me and my brother-in-law(who loves that kind of stuff) but was really trying to research this company that Rodney had told me about.

It really helps me to understand how SEO can help your site! I had a question about it not too long ago, which Rodney made clear for me here. Now I really see the importance. I wasn't even looking for his site, or anything about it(I thought) but was very tempted to buy because I went there. Now I will definitely buy, since I know who runs the company!;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.