T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking at doing our first festival which is outdoors. I have seen some information on the forum about festivals and picked up so good tips. Something I didn't see answered is how do some of you handle payments and receipts? We just opened our retail store a month ago and don't want to spend the money for an additional cash register if we don't have to. I never went to many arts and crafts booths at festivals and the few I did I never paid attention to what they did for handling payments.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you use an iPhone, try using a merchant services to take orders.

Square offers one that comes with a card reader that plugs into the tip. Veriphone also offers a slipon jacket but they have structured contracts while square is similar to a paypal.

·
Registered
963 Posts
When I do an event it is cash only. Never had a problem as most festival goers come prepared with lots of cash to spend and if it is a big event ATM machines are always around.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I can use our authorize.net virtual terminal through a website connection. A laptop with a tethered smartphone would work, or maybe even just the web interface on the phone.

Using a public WiFi to transmit credit card info is not the best idea in the world. Anyone with a laptop and a packet sniffer can intercept that data. The cell phone connection is more secure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts