T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I wanted to make my own shirt, which of the featured services:
  • Would have the best print quality for dark colors?
  • Would have the best all-around print quality?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'd say have the best all around print quality because while black is the most popular color in fashion, light colors are becoming pretty popular especially with the youth market. But if you can get a good print on a black shirt, it shouldn't be hard on a light as dark colors need more ink.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I meant was, out of CafePress, Zazzle, PrintMojo, 99 Dogs, and Spread Shirt, which one has the best quality for dark and all around?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Ah ok, it really depends on what kind of print you want. Ink, heat transfer, etc. I believe Cafe Press is heat transfer, I made a shirt there and purchased it awhile back and didn't like the quality. The reds came out kind of orange/pinkish.

I know printmojo does traditional screenprinting but you have to pay them upfront I believe so I would think they'd have good quality.

I'm not familiar with the rest though.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
For photos, if you are trying your best to get JPG/computer monitor reproduction from the images on dark garments, I would probably say CafePress would be your best shot. Even then, the technology used to print on dark garments is still in "beta", so your images won't be as vivid and the colors may not match up correctly.

Take a look at the helpful info and comparison chart on this page from CafePress showing that their direct printing (used on dark garments) is not the best choice for photographs:
http://www.cafepress.com/content/help/html/printing_popup.html

If you don't mind the photograph having a "screened" look (printed with small dots), then you might be fine with a screen printing service like PrintMojo.

I just bought a photographic image on a dark garment from SpreadShirt, but it hasn't arrived yet, so I'll let you know how it goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts