T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just used 24" vinyl for the first time yesterday with my Roland GX-24 and experienced some issues. I was using Oracal 751. First it took me a while to realize I needed to cut at about 110gf to make weeding possible. Here are my other questions:

1. Does 24" vinyl need to be cut at 10cm/s? I was cutting at a little higher speed than this yesterday and it seemed like the vinyl was bunching up a bit and throwing off the cut.

2. When cutting long pieces the vinyl coming out the back was constantly catching on the rest of the roll and unrolling about 5 extra yards of material. I'm just using the roller that came with the GX-24 to put the vinyl on. Any suggestions as to how I can keep excess vinyl from unrolling? I was sure to give enough slack when starting.

Thanks,
Jeremy

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Hello, What is your cut and feed speed set the same, make 100% sure your media is loaded straight,your cutter is on a flat service,the roller is parallel to the rear of the cutter,always make a test cut and I un-roll about 4 feet before I start cutting. .... JB

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're like my personal online assistant, JB :) What do you mean by cut and feed speed being set the same? Where is there a setting for feed speed?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Feed speed is a selection in the menu under the conditions menu section( it's called up speed not feed speed sorry). I have mine set at 10cms and the cut speed is 20cms. This is in the menu section on the cutter. These are my settings for Eco film. I hope this helps . .... JB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts