T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I am designing a site just to adverise other Tshirt sites (I have another site that is advertising Tshirts but it also advertises everything else (like a mall) but I am building a new site TOTALLY devoted to tshirts.) anyway I was wondering what people consider a fair rate? Would you pay more to be on the first page? What if I found a way to put everyone on the first page? If I am a member of an affiliate program would you be willing to take a discount on the advertising rate if I also got a percentage through your affiliation? I am testing the site out now please evaluate it and tell me what you think. (currently it is only discounted for Cafepress but let me know if other companies would like this) (the link is in my sig TshirtPix)

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Hi Brian, I just wanted to let you know that I moved this post out of the forums because we don't allow Self Promotional posts like this in the forum.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Hi Brian,

sorry I am trying not to promote I really want feedback on the site it is not really ready to promote yet
I understand that promotion was probably not your intent. If you consider the fact that many of the members here are in your target market for that website and that by asking them for feedback, they will probably get interested in the service and its launch date, you might see how it would be considered promotion (even if that wasn't the intent, it turned into the function).

(On other forums they have a section for asking for this type of feedback)
Yes, the T-ShirtForums is probably different than a lot of forums. Some forums do not allow and links to be posted at all, some forums don't mind posts like yours at all (like the cafepress forums under Third Party Tools/Websites).

Since we have so many merchants visiting the forums, if we allowed posts like "how much would you pay to be listed on X site", it could quickly lead to "you can get listed on my site X for X dollars" to "how much would you pay for screen printing" to "we offer screen printing at $ per shirt".

The no self promotional rule is in place to keep the forums more "informational" and less "promotional".

I know you probably have good intent behind your question, however this really isn't the place for market research. That's not to say that your message wouldn't be welcome in other forums or websites.

Any other questions at all, just let me know.

Thanks,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts