T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Here is me dilemna, I had just ordered a large quantity of shirts and in preparation I was planning on doing some heavy duty ad campaigns with some major websites. Well, I was under the impression the shirts would be shipped to me in around two weeks and I would take orders now and send them out when I get the shirts.

But, like how everything manages to go wrong, the shirts are being delayed 4 weeks in production, but I still have all these ads scheduled to run.

Do you think I can put on the order page expect shirts in 3-5 weeks? Or is that to long to ask people to wait? I figure I would do it sort of as a preorder.

What do you guys think is the best solution?

Thanks,

Parker

·
Registered
250 Posts
I would maybe take the time to contact the web masters of the sites you had scheduled advertisements on. Explain the situation to them and see if they would be accomodating enough to push your ads back several weeks. 3-5 weeks is a pretty huge lag time. I was running 3 or 4 days behind a few weeks ago and got a pretty nasty email from a guy whose shirt hadn't reached him in 6 days. People want things NOW! or sooner if you can manage. :)

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Some wait period is normal. 2 weeks isn't bad at all, but past that people might get a little agitated. If you do decide to just go with it, make sure it is clear on your site that shirts are currently on backorder to do circumstances outside your control, or something like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts