T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have a question and I find it hard to get an answer myself.

Can I sell the same design on two diffrent shops like cafepress and zazzle or it will brake some copirights???

Let's say I have a new design and I want to put it on a t-shirt and sell it in cafepress but also on zazzle. Can I do that?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Check the individual agreements with each of the companies to verify - but in general, yes. With fulfilment services like that you retain all copyrights to the designs, so you are free to offer them elsewhere as well.

Some places in similiar veins - such as Threadless, I think? - have more restrictions.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Twinge said:
Some places in similiar veins - such as Threadless, I think? - have more restrictions.
Threadless aren't particularly similar (since they're not a fulfillment service), but yes - in submitting to Threadless you agree to give them exclusive right of first refusal to print the design. This used to last indefinitely (i.e. until you asked them to release the design, or they printed it), but that may not still be the case (I haven't looked lately).

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
monkeylantern said:
I seem to recall that the rights are yours again, if not selected, after 3 months.
I heard that too. It didn't used to be the case, but I suspect they may have changed their policy to something more reasonable.

(it would be easy enough to check... if I cared to ;))

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
With Threadless it's something else. They won't allow you to publish, print, manufacture your design for 3 months until they decide if it will get printed or not. If they will print it you'll get paid, if not you can do whathever you want to do with it.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
You can use the same design on cafepress, zazzle, printfection, spreadshirt, etc with no problems.

It's your design and none of the fulfulfillment services claims copyright or exclusive rights for printing/using it.

It's worth noting though, with Zazzle, it's a bit harder to remove a design from their "marketplace". You have to email them and ask that it's removed instead of just clicking a couple of links (I think they said this is so customers can repurchase a design easily).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts