T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got Adobe put onto my computer (all of them, Photoshop, Illistator ,Bridge, Designer, Go Live, Image Ready, In Design) and am totally cofused. My shirts are going to be mostly text and the art when it will be there is not going to be very elaborate. More cartoonish that art. Most of it will be just a black outline.
My First question is do I need to use Adobe at all to print?
Can I use Microsoft Powerpoint or something similar that is eaiser to use?
If I have to use Adobe which one should I use?

Thank you
Jason

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
How do you plan to print the shirts? If it's via screen printing, most screen printers will need artwork files (from adobe or other graphics programs) instead of word/presentation files (like from powerpoint or word).

If you're printing the shirts yourself via heat press, it *may* be possible to use powerpoint if the output resolution can be high enough. I'm not that familiar with heat press and powerpoint to know if it's fully possible though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Grayhead said:
I recently got Adobe put onto my computer (all of them, Photoshop, Illistator ,Bridge, Designer, Go Live, Image Ready, In Design) and am totally cofused. My shirts are going to be mostly text and the art when it will be there is not going to be very elaborate. More cartoonish that art. Most of it will be just a black outline.
My First question is do I need to use Adobe at all to print?
Can I use Microsoft Powerpoint or something similar that is eaiser to use?
If I have to use Adobe which one should I use?

Thank you
Jason
I recommend you use illustrator. It will allow you to outline your text into "vector based" art, which won't corrupt if a screenprinter tries to open your file and doesn't have the font installed. When you select your typewritten line, (that you've already put into the font you want), go to the pulldown menu for type and select "create outline". **But know that now you cannot edit the text, because you've just turned it into artwork for a vendor.** You can always keep a backup file of your t-shirt texts in a file that perserves the words as editable text.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Illy text is automatically a vector. The nice thing with illy is the live trace in cs2. Converting images that have been created or edited in PS into vector cartoons or outlines. Then useing live paint to fill like spot colors. Gotta love a learning curve though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts