T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what Temperature and Time (seconds)
i should Heat Press a Silkscreened Shirt at after it has dried, so it stays permanent, or close to permanent.

Thanks...

·
Administrator
14,174 Posts
What brand ink are you using?

You won't be able to use a heat press to dry plastisol ink, only waterbased. Because plastisol stays wet until heat cured, a press would mess up the print and your press.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Which means it can be heat pressed, but as far as temperature and time go it should be either printed on the ink container, or available from the manufacturer. I think at 320f it's supposed to be 4+ minutes though.

·
Registered
214 Posts
You can cure plastisols on a heat press, just adjust the clamp so it's about an inch off the shirt. The heat is there. You just wouldn't want to touch the ink with it.

I've never tried waterbased though.

·
Administrator
14,174 Posts
You can cure plastisols on a heat press, just adjust the clamp so it's about an inch off the shirt. The heat is there. You just wouldn't want to touch the ink with it.
Heat presses can fully cure a plastisol print in 15 seconds at 320 degrees. The cure from a heat press is as good as any other heat method.
fred
That's what I luv about this place. You literally learn something new every day. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts