T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are going to be away for an extended length of time
(2 to 3 weeks), what should be done to your DTG printer?

Can you do head cleaning with distilled water?

How can someone tell if all the ink is out if the head, if you would do a nozzle check you wouldn't be able to see anything with just water or cleaning solution!

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
If you are going to be away for that long, by all means make sure to flush your system with distilled water and cleaning solution, and then leave it with it in there. I would make sure to do it well also, till the waste container flushes clear. You can do a nozzle check directly on your platen and you can see it, its kinda hard but you will see it :) Hope this helps brian :)

Reactions: Mistewoods

·
Registered
348 Posts
I would do a complete flus and the use cleaning solution to fill lines and damnpers and print head. I also do a print up with all colours in it (mde up in photoshop) cmyk lines and do it as full colour say 1cm thick 10 cm long so that the white channel is used as well this ensures a good print head clean whilst printing with the cleaning solution. Then ensure prit head is on capping station properly and turn of. You should be ok. I have had mine of for 2 weeks whilst visiting NZ twice and this has worked well. When i came back I re flushed all lines with distilled water then refilled. I always re flush with distilled water as you do not want the cleaning solution in the the ink when re filling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts