T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Can I set up my own website but still use the fulfillment services from cafepress? But at the same time a basic shop just to have the apparel, printing and shipping services from cafepress? And I'll set a lower price at cafepress but a higher price at my own website. Do you think is feasible?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Are you thinking about setting up your own e-commerce site and taking orders and payment. Then using that info to order the item from your cafepress shop and have them ship it to the customers address?

If this is what you are asking, I wouldn't advise it. What I have done for my spreadshirt shop is set-up a store front that makes it easier to browse and find items. When you want to order, you will be directed to the appropiate item from spreadshirt to make your purchase.

This way you don't have to deal with taking payment or worrying about having to place the order when the customer has already ordered. Plus, your customer is going to receive their shirts in a cafepress bag anyway, so they will know where it is coming from.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Errr - going against the flow here but we do that with our spreadshirt shop. despite messing around with it we couldn't get it to work how we wanted so we take the paymens through paypal so we don't ever have to see the customer's card details and we've found that spreadshirt are unbelievably fast. In effect we use them just for the printing service. Plus if you've got a premium shop, you don't get spreadshirt on your packaging. It seems to be working for us at the moment, far better than the original spreadshop did.

·
Registered
19 Posts
But do they offer screen printing or is this some advanced technique that is not as reliable? I am confused by spreadshop's technique.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I believe they offer vinyl transfers, which is really as good in the quality department as a screen print is - it is a bit stiffer to the touch, which can be better or worse depending on the design.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts