T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am currently using a Hix Hobby Lite swing style press, and I'm looking to upgrade. I'd also like to get something that is easier for my girlfriend to use. She has trouble pressing the Hobby Lite, as it does take a bit of force to clamp in to place.

I see that the SwingMan is spring assisted. Can anyone comment on how much force is needed to clamp?

I tried a Hix HT-400 and it was much easier to clamp, but I just didn't like the clamshell design nearly as much as the swing style.

Thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
I can't really help you with the SwingMan, but I was wondering how hard it is to clap the Hobby Lite? I was thinking of buying this as an additional press, but I am a girl and now wondering if I could do it, if your g/f had trouble?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
From my experience, most swing away presses are a little bit harder to clamp down than clamshells. Overall operation of a swing away is more energy consuming as well. I don't have any specific models of a swing away that I would recommend for ease of use, but if you're willing to spend a good bit of money there are air operated swing aways that lock down with the push of a button. This type of press isn't always ideal for a lower volume shop, but the option is certainly out there. If you decide to go clamshell, I could recommend some options for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TheJunkyard said:
I can't really help you with the SwingMan, but I was wondering how hard it is to clap the Hobby Lite? I was thinking of buying this as an additional press, but I am a girl and now wondering if I could do it, if your g/f had trouble?
If you are just planning it for an additional press for low volume, I think you would be fine. My gf can operate my Hobby Lite, but it's just a bit difficult for her to do several shirts in a row on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts