T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I use Corel Draw X4. I have all the clip art that comes with on my PC as well. I recently unistalled everything and then put it back on. Now when I open the clip art files my pc does not display the image, just blank thumbnails... however they are still there. It just makes it very hard to find anything. Anyone had this happen before, how do you fix it.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Go to add-remove programs, choose Corel X4, then "Modify"
UNder utilities check the box for "Windows Shell Extension"

·
Registered
456 Posts
When you go to OPEN
is the preview box checked?

I think by default it is NOT checked when the program is installed.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Go to add-remove programs, choose Corel X4, then "Modify"
UNder utilities check the box for "Windows Shell Extension"
I have the same problem and someone else gave the same answer you did on another forum. Unfortunately that doesn't work for me (Shell extension was checked all along).

FWIW, I have WordPerfect X4 installed as well. All clipart displays as WordPerfect X4 Drawing despite the fact it opens default with Corel Draw.

I'll keep watching this for an answer as well. :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hi everyone. I use Corel Draw X4. I have all the clip art that comes with on my PC as well. I recently unistalled everything and then put it back on. Now when I open the clip art files my pc does not display the image, just blank thumbnails... however they are still there. It just makes it very hard to find anything. Anyone had this happen before, how do you fix it.

Thanks
When you say open, is that via windows explorer or via open in X4?
Also, what OS are you using.

I am still using XP Pro SP3 32bit

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all, thanks for all the feedback on this! Steve, by open I meant from the window start up, I am on Vista.
I have resolved this by reinstalling everything, not exactly sure why it happened but it is all better now!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi it's me again.... I solved this no prob by following the above directions but now I have X5 and same problem only seems like a different process. I am freaking out and need help to fix this asap.

ppppLLLLLeeeeaaaaasssseee help! :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
oh now I am on windows 7 too. Ok got it figured out on my own.

This is what you do.... Just leave everything the way it is when you install.

Then if you open clip art folder, all you see is the corel symbol next to the files.

Look in the top right corner of open page, you see a question mark 2 spots to the left of that is your control icon for ,"page view".

click that and set to large or extra large, then you will see all files with the images displayed in thumbnail format!

Presto! Hope this helps someone!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Glad you got it! I haven't played with mine yet, but alas, I still haven't found a way to get my X4 clipart to show thumbnails, although older ver. 9 files show -- all using XP Pro.

I was going to throw an idea out there, though I really don't know anything about it.... the "thumbs.db" files found in certain folders. Perhaps this has to do something with it? I did a little research on the file, and I would assume it does, but again, I don't know. What I don't get is that it is only in certain folders containing my actual .cdr files, but in the ver. 9 folders containing clipart, there is none (but it still displays thumbs), and none in the X4 clipart folders either (and it doesn't display thumbs).

I just now uninstalled WordPerfect Presentations because all X4 clipart displayed this icon. Now that it's uninstalled, it displays the CorelDraw icon. :rolleyes:

I think I've tried your suggestion of choosing thumbnail size on Win 7 already, but I'm going to give it a try again.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Go to task manager (ctrl-alt-del)
and make sure corel shell ext is installed
if it is not
do a repair install and make sure it gets installed.
restart computer and all should be good.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
It's there....at least on my Win 7 installation, I can't check the XP computer right now.

For the record, myself and Windows 7 do NOT get along very good. I'd rather have XP any day. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts