T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I recently had trouble getting my Roland PC50 up and running and with some fantastic help from naattila I have been able to get loads of work done.

Now, my question is. Since I am definitely not going to be using the print aspect of this cutter. Is there a possibility of detaching it and recalibrating the cutter to be able to use up the extra 100mm or so that the print unit takes up.

I can currently only cut to 450mm. With this being a 24" cutter I should (in theory) be able to get at least 500-550mm (if not a touch more) by removing the print unit.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible, if you've done it and how did you manage it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can doit but It for you.
Thank you, I am happy to do it myself, I just need the information on how before I ruin a perfectly good cutter lol. Also, given the state of the country in lockdown still. Unless I have my wires crossed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Removing the printhead is only the 1st thing, than you need to add a plate to the left side roller for the end sensor. If it works i am not sure if the firmware can handle the extra lenght, but try, have fun and do it. After that, If you need a bigger one I have a PNC-1100 for sale. Cuts and looks just like 25 years ago.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Removing the printhead is only the 1st thing, than you need to add a plate to the left side roller for the end sensor. If it works i am not sure if the firmware can handle the extra lenght, but try, have fun and do it. After that, If you need a bigger one I have a PNC-1100 for sale. Cuts and looks just like 25 years ago.
Thank you so much again naattila. Tbh if it doesn't work then I'm considering buying a brand new 54" Seiki. The work I'm doing will pay for it and is justified for sizes I need. However, if I'm able to get a little extra at little to no cost then it will benefit me for a couple more months. Can I ask what these plates look like and how much they cost? Not sure if there's a video anywhere at all? I have Googled quite a bit buy cannot find anything for the PC-50s

·
Registered
21 Posts
You will find an optical gate on the carriage it detects the endpoint at the right and the prollers but there is noting to detect at the top of the left roller at the moment. you will se what a im talking about when you take it apart

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seiki????. You said yuu do not like chinese cutter. My 30 years old 100x better than that.
I've done some research and Seiki seem fairly solid. Would buy brand new for a little extra protection. Still my 30 year old printer will be 100x better but is the cheapest way I can get a bigger cutter lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts