T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have created a design that i want to print on my shirts, but my design is to big according to tiling, cause each time i print out i get a fraction of my design to see. My original work is 6000x6000pixels, cause the design is of a A3 size paper. Is there a way to enlarge the tiling in illustrator so that my design would fit in and that way i could print it out in A3 or A4 size? I've never done this type of work before so would be much appreciate the knowledge if it is to share. Thanks in in advance!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Your right, a picture would explain allot better what i'm trying to say here, basically i want to print this out( this is part of mine design) but as you see the design is to small for it to fit fully in the tilling window. So my question was how or can you make the tilling window bigger?? Cause if i fit this in this size tilling rectangle then the design will be to small.. Thanks allot for all your help!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Forum...I work with Domaz here in the states, and what we're having problems with is sizing the printing area in Illustrator (or Coreldraw for that matter). When we attempt to print the final design it only prints a small fraction of the entire design. When we view the printable area or tilling it confirms that illustator/Coreldraw is only set to print a small portion of the design. What we want to know is how do you enlarge the tilling area to capture the entire design, or how do you size the image down. We would prefer to size the tilling up, because we don't want to get into dpi issue with it being to small (under 300dpi).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thx Brian, for clearing my thoughts up. Either way i found the solution to this. Basically what i needed to do was simply go the file>print and go the options where it says 'scaling' and choose fit to page. That was what i was looking for.

·
Registered
702 Posts
You should probably save a copy of the artwork to a different file name, and change the art size to fit your printer margins. To find your minimum margins, if you can't find it in the printer manual, start WordPad, go into the Page Setup and set them all to 0, Wordpad will fill-in the actual minimum margin size. Sometimes you have to press OK and then go back in to see it. This does not always work on networked printers, it will sometimes accept 0 without changing it (I know our HP doesn't have zero margins!).

In my opinion using Fit To Page is a bad workaround because it's on-the-fly resizing. If you resize before printing, it may do a better job at keeping proportion and quality. These days it's probably not much of an issue but I still do it anyway. Also it keeps you from wasting transfers if you forget to check the box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.