T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the site and was reading a few of the marketing tips listed below. However I do marketing for an investment group, so I am very new to the t-shirt industry. As of now we do not actually print anything on our shirts, but hope to sell them in bulk to people who do. So my question is...what companies should I be looking to sell to? We have a 70% Bamboo/30% Organic cotton blend shirt.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Hey there, Jeff. Welcome to the forums.

One option is to sell to independent t-shirt brands that are interested in bamboo and organic blanks that they will use to decorate and re-brand as their own.

Another option would be to sell to printshops who do the printing for independent t-shirt brands. Oftentimes, the indy brand will just source the shirts through the printer instead of on their own. Printshops also do plenty of printing for corporate promotional items, so with all the "green" companies out there, that's another reason why printshops may be interested, as they can offer these blanks as options to those companies.

And yet another option is to sell direct to retailers (department stores, retail chains, small boutiques and shops, etc) who are interested in stocking the shirts to sell direct to consumer.

Not sure if you want to include a middle man, but you could also approach wholesale blank distributors and see if they would be interested in carrying your brand. They would essentially be selling to the same places I mentioned above, but if they already have contacts and clients, it could be worth looking into.

On a personal note, you may notice that link below... I have an indy brand that uses bamboo blanks. Feel free to send me a PM or e-mail with more info about your shirts. Specifically, I would be interested in knowing:
Can they be custom made with my neck label?
Are they made with viscose bamboo or natural bamboo?
If viscose, is a closed-loop system used in the process?
Are they manufactured domestically or overseas?
Do you supply certifications from all of the overseas and domestic factories involved in the manufacturing process?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I find the printshops? Should I just do a google search and start from there? Do they usually have an application of some sorts to become a vendor?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I agree with Tees.

At the start, the smaller independent company is a good choice. As they always has steady business relationship with wholeseller. You can save much time to introduce yourself to big wholeseller. And google search can not get the detailed information.Also perhaps they will not reply every email you sent. As maybe they will receive thousands of emails like yours. They can not read everyone and reply one. At this moment, your email is just dis-regarded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts