T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a really cool line of t-shirts that are in the price range that i would like to create my line with. can anyone tell me with what process these designs are printed with? it won't let me link directly to the page, but if you don't mind going to www.barkingirons.com and clicking on the Bazaar link at the top and going to Men's t-shirts, you will be able to look at the shirts. Any expertise on these t-shirts would be much appreciated. Thanks!

· Registered
44 Posts
Nice shirts. Love the line and the printing quality... though the price range is a bit of a turn-off...

:: OFF TOPIC ::

Of course you wouldn't want to create a full-flash web site when you dostart your line... 15sec of loading time waiting for the website makes me want to click the X button on my browser even before I see any of the tees...

· Premium Member
13,203 Posts
According to the Brand Underground article:

"From that first batch of a few hundred shirts in 2003, Barking Irons had seen its orders climb to 12,000 a season."

"Barking Irons popped up in GQ, Elle Girl, Maxim and elsewhere. The main character (played by Adrian Grenier) on the HBO show “Entourage” wore a Barking Irons shirt, and this fact was reported in People magazine. Late last year, the brand went global: a friend of the brothers’ helped coordinate a miniature trade show in Tokyo, leading to their first sales to Japanese retailers and a full-page spread in a Japanese shopping magazine."
So they're doing all right for themselves :) They're in a lot of hot stores and I imagine most of their sales are through that rather than the website.

I agree that flash is a terrible choice for a website, and that maybe they'd be doing even better without it, but they are proof that you can use it and still make mad bank ;)

That said the article also highlights some poor business decisions (getting a bad deal from their agent, leasing an overly large space) and setbacks (orders actually declined in the last year to 10,000 and a delay from a supplier). So maybe the flash site is just another one for that list.

Anyway... like Jasonda said "They are screen printed, possibly with water-based inks." I'd add possibly with disperse dyes, and that it's more likely to be with one of those two methods rather than plastisol inks (but it could be plastisol).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.