T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old press I picked up and I was trying to adjust the tension knob, but something seems to be missing for it to work right. Does anyone by chance know if there I something like a spring the goes under the knob to keep tension?
Only info on it is Discounte transfer warehouse out of Dallas.
Land vehicle Bicycle tire Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Light Table Gas Bicycle part Machine

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
I have an old press I picked up and I was trying to adjust the tension knob, but something seems to be missing for it to work right.
Everything appears to be there, but the pressure adjustment knob looks a bit odd. Possibly a bad DIY repair at some point.
If it does work then it is usable.

Does anyone by chance know if there I something like a spring the goes under the knob to keep tension?
If you are looking for the tension spring pulling the platen up when unlocked... not all presses have it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything appears to be there, but the pressure adjustment knob looks a bit odd. Possibly a bad DIY repair at some point.
If it does work then it is usable.

If you are looking for the tension spring pulling the platen up when unlocked... not all presses have it.
The press does work. Heats up and holds temp. I tested it at 250, 350 and 400.
But can not get the tension to work.
If I push down on the screw coming up through the top then it will work and can put tension.
But seems there is nothing putting pressure between this area if not pushing on the screw.
If that makes sense
If you just let it go and try to put the arm down the screw comes up.
Bicycle part Engineering Gas Electrical wiring Automotive tire

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Hard to tell what is going on from just this photo, and the pressure mechanism is upside down compared to newer heat presses.
Assuming everything else is the same as newer presses... I think the adjustment knob in your press is missing its threaded nut, or its threads are stripped.
Tire Table Bicycle tire Automotive tire Automotive design
Textile Wood Table Machine Chair
Automotive design Automotive tire Engineering Motor vehicle Auto part

I'm assuming the previous owner used the stop nut (above the knob) to adjust the pressure with a spanner.
You can obviously do the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.