T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever attempted to remove regular tags from a shirt. For example....say that a shirt does not have the tear away tags, and I had the printer go ahead and print my logo just like it would look in a tagless shirt, and then once I got the shirts from the printer, I removed the name-brand tag so my logo would show. I guess what I am wondering is, is it possible to remove these without tearing the shirt? Has anyone ever done this?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Has anyone ever attempted to remove regular tags from a shirt. For example....say that a shirt does not have the tear away tags, and I had the printer go ahead and print my logo just like it would look in a tagless shirt, and then once I got the shirts from the printer, I removed the name-brand tag so my logo would show. I guess what I am wondering is, is it possible to remove these without tearing the shirt? Has anyone ever done this?
Thanks.
I'm not a screenprinter – so I don't know this for certain – but it seems like the tag would be in their way when trying to print. Why wouldn't you remove it first?

I take tags out of shirts all the time. On Gildans I have found that I can completely remove the tag. On Anvils I have to just cut as close to the seam as possible and leave the rest.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
It's surprisingly common to just cut the tag out and leave a very slight stub. If you want it removed properly, relabelling companies will remove tags and sew up the shirt without adding in a new tag.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I cut off the tags as close to the shirt as possible with an exacto knife and use my fingers to pull out the excess threads for a clean seam. It turns out pretty good. Just don't cut the shirt with the exacto knife.

It would look pretty good without having to pull out any excess, but I'm A/R like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts