T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand the main scope of this forum is about t-shirts but from my reading, the knowledge base of the members goes far beyond that of just t-shirts. Not to mention I can not find another forum with as much traffic pertaining to sublimation.

So what I am looking for is some guidance, or for someone to tell me I am out of my mind...:)

I am looking for a setup to sublimate gaming cloth (polyester content) for installation onto a poker table or any type of gaming table for that matter. I need a max width of 54".

My research first led me to the Roland Heatwave, a dye sub printer. But I quickly realized that wasn't what I was looking for because the paper then had to be run through a separate roll to roll heat press with the cloth.

Is there a dye sub printer available that would print directly to the cloth and then the cloth run through a heater of sorts to "set the dye"?

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so far for the suggestions...

I did look around the Sawgrass website and I came across the Mimaki DS-1600 which is a direct dye sublimation printer. I will still need a heat stage process for the cloth, but this type of setup will keep me away from having to print onto transfer paper and then heat pressing (roller or press) the cloth and transfer paper together.

I will contact them next week for a consultation to see what the damage would be. Do you guys know if Sawgrass has leasing options for the equipment they sell?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.