T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do anyone on this forum with (THEIR OWN T-SHIRT COMPANY) have any t-shirts on consignment to retailers. if you do what are the disadvantages and advantages. did it pay off and help your companys profit in the long run,thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Consignment is not a good long term solution for a company to profit. Ideally, you want your retailers to purchase the shirts wholesale.

I have a few local stores carrying one of my brands on consignment, but that is because they are not the typical store that would carry my brand. So I'm ok with this arrangement in that situation.

In a lot of cases, as a new brand, a retailer will only take shirts on consignment. So it's ok to go that route if you need to. Just try to plan out how you are going to eventually turn that consignment customer into a wholesale customer. Maybe offer better pricing for wholesale?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Consignment is not a good long term solution for a company to profit. Ideally, you want your retailers to purchase the shirts wholesale.

I have a few local stores carrying one of my brands on consignment, but that is because they are not the typical store that would carry my brand. So I'm ok with this arrangement in that situation.

In a lot of cases, as a new brand, a retailer will only take shirts on consignment. So it's ok to go that route if you need to. Just try to plan out how you are going to eventually turn that consignment customer into a wholesale customer. Maybe offer better pricing for wholesale?
if i have 5 t-shirts on consigment and all 5 sell do i have to give the retailer a percentage of that money, for letting me place my t-shirts in their store,etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts