T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my new Roland GX-24 and am trying to install it. I have put it on the stand, and now cannot figure out how to keep the roller base for roll material on the cutter.

It looks like the directions for using that piece assume it is sitting on a tabletop, as there is no way to connect it to the cutter, and it will just fall off if I assemble it as the directions show.

Is there is a different way that vinyl/fabric rolls are mounted when a stand is used?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After giving this another look, the stand has a couple of rollers -- is this what is used?? The directions for assembling the stand showed the rollers in the front, so that's how I put it together. If this is right, I will have to take the cutter off the stand and rework it.

If anyone can confirm this before I disassemble the cutter and stand, please let me know.

I never claimed to be a mechanical genius..... I guess I should have had my son put this together for me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for confirming this. I tried it and it looked like it would work. I looked again at the instructions sent with the stand, and the way it drawn on the page looks like it has the rollers mounted on the front. You have to read the left/right labeling on the drawing and really think about it to realize the rollers are on the back. Something that should be so simple....

I can usually put things together with instructions, although rather slowly. But the directions have to be easy to decipher to start with.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I didn't read the instructions when putting mine together and had to take it apart and start over. I put the lowere pannels on the wrong sides.I will say I thought it was a high price to pay for a stand, but after it arrived i was not sorry for buying it. .... JB

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, if the "Roland" name is supposed to be facing the front, mine is backwards. That is how the instructions showed to assemble it, and since it doesn't affect the operation, I wasn't about to take it apart just so the name is facing the front.

BTW, I got a really great deal on my cutter and stand. The Graphics Solutions Group had a special for $1499 plus a free stand. I couldn't resist! I probably wouldn't have purchased it because of the cost, but am glad I got it. I'm working in such a small space that it will be good to be able to roll it out of the way.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I'm sure you would've chuckled seeing me buy more washers and nuts for my press stand! Then I had to return (to Lowes) to buy wrenches. You're right, something should be so simple but had me all confused. :eek:

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Well, if the "Roland" name is supposed to be facing the front, mine is backwards. That is how the instructions showed to assemble it, and since it doesn't affect the operation, I wasn't about to take it apart just so the name is facing the front.

BTW, I got a really great deal on my cutter and stand. The Graphics Solutions Group had a special for $1499 plus a free stand. I couldn't resist! I probably wouldn't have purchased it because of the cost, but am glad I got it. I'm working in such a small space that it will be good to be able to roll it out of the way.
Good price, and the name on the plate was why I had to take mine apart the instructions were written wrong. IMHO. .... JB

·
Registered
205 Posts
Good price, and the name on the plate was why I had to take mine apart the instructions were written wrong. IMHO. .... JB
Cool, I feel so much better knowing everyone else is running into the same problems I had. Whoever did the Roland GX-24 instructions should have had someone proof read, as they do in fact lead you to believe the rollers would be in the front. I too got the opportunity to take it all apart. I love the cutter, but you'd think a mega-company like Roland would proof their own instructions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts