T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm slow at getting this thing up and running! I am trying to install the blade holder into the cutting carriage and it doesn't seem to want to go down into the cutting carriage with the collar flush on the surface as the directions say it should be installed.

I looked to make sure I have the blade installed as shown, but I also remember the problems I had putting together the cutter stand from the directions....

I have loosened the screw, but the middle part of the blade holder seems to be larger in diameter than the slot it is supposed to fit in, and I don't want to break it.

Anyone have any tips, tricks or advise for me?

Thanks!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Trust me when I say, I understand your frustration and not wanting to damage your equipment getting it setup properly. I was ready to pull out my hair on the simple things that I couldn't understand at first how to do when I got my cutter.

What I can only hope is that YouTube videos continue to grow with how to setup cutters and that more classes across the US would surface on Cutter Basics 101. Once you buy this type of equipment, you're left to find out how to setup, operate and maintain it. You are doing great thus far! Ok, enough of my rambling.

If your collar is not flush with the top surface of the carriage holder, loosen your screw until it just about wobbles (thus, make it very loose) and lightly push down on your blade holder. Keep in mind that the blade holder is not made to go all of the way into the carriage, only part of the way to the point where it will not go further.

Make sure that when lightly pushing down on the blade holder that you're supporting the screw so as not to push the carriage down on the cutting strip.

When you cannot push down any further, tighten the screw and do a test cut as shown on page 42 of the Users Manual.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your help. Someone on my embroidery forum has one of these cutters, and sent me a picture of how it is supposed to look. My blade holder is definitely not going in as far as it should. And that is with the screw almost totally removed from the carriage.

I looked at the assembly, and it looks like there is a small screw on the other side of the blade holder (inside) that may be causing it to bind. I have no way to determine for sure though, but I can't see anything else that is in the way. So, tomorrow, I will unhook it and take it back to the vendor and have them look at it. Grrrrr.... I feel like I'm running in quicksand.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Was your cutter purchased brand new in the box?

Also, by any chance, is the blade holder upside down? You should not have to undo any screw behind the primary screw to install the holder unless it was damaged or tampered with previously.

I've attached pics that may help.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I purchased the cutter new in the box from a local vendor, so I don't think it could have been tampered with or damaged by someone. All the small parts were factory sealed. At first I thought the blade holder may be upside down, but referring to the manual (the pictures you included) and a photo of the holder that an embroidery forum member sent to me looked like I had installed the blade correctly.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Gail, let us know how it turns out. It's nice to have a local vendor to use. I know this would have been a real issue for a mail order deal.his type of problem is why I chose a vendor that has life time loner program.Atleast while mine is getting repair, I can still cut my product. ...... JB

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I talked to a Roland tech this afternoon, and he told me that sometimes they come from the factory with the plastic carriage piece crimped down too tight from the factory. He had me unscrew the screw and take a flat blade screwdriver and slowly open the slot until the blade holder slipped into place.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Wow! thanks for the update. I know your happy about the easy fix. I hope you enjoy your new equipment. .... jb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts