T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have designs on my computer, what format of the file do I need to bring to the silk-screener/printer?

Do I need to separate out the color layers for them, or does their software they use for the printing process do that for them?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
What format do you have them in on your computer?

Most printers will take any high resolution file (300dpi+), but will prefer vector files.

Some printers prefer to do the separations themself, some will give discounts if you separate the colors and provide the films yourself.

Your best bet is to talk to your printer directly and ask them what they want/prefer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I have a couple designs in Illustrator.

But, then on one design, I converted a picture etc., on Illustrator into lines/vectors etc. But after I did that, I took that image and brought it back into photoshop and used some filters on it. After I did that, I brought the image back into Illustrator, but its now a flat image. So when it was in Photoshop, it was rasterized, but, when i brought it back into Illustrator, can I just leave it as is?

Sorry,... are you following me?

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I follow you, that's why I mentioned that you should ask the printer you're working with directly. They'll tell you exactly what they need.

Some will want the illustrator file, some will want the PSD file, some will want the source images.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts