T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any videos that will show me how to make my designs in photoshop cs4 into 1 layer. what i mean is i open a picture in photoshop thats 1layer, add a font thats a 2layer,add different graphics thats 3,4,5,6 layers about time im finish with my design. my problem is when i open a picture of a blank t-shirt to see how my design will look on the t-shirt. i how to move each layers using the move tool and then i how to spend another 30min-hour to reposition the layers using move tool to make it look like the original design, thanks for any feedback.

· Registered
3,342 Posts
another option, if you'd like to keep the layers, is to 'group' (folder icon at the bottom of the layers tab/window) (fairly certain this is in any version of Adobe CS)

if you have multiple layers in a group and would like to move the entire group, simply select the 'group layer' and this will enable you to move that group of layers together.

another option, if you'd like to do this without using groups, simply select one layer that you want to move and hold the shift key while selecting the next layer. now both layers should be highlighted and move as one object.

· Registered
20 Posts
You can merge,flatten or shift+select all the layers you wish to stick together. You can de-select ones you dont want to view. I usually save the whole thing as a PSD, then save the layers I want to a PNG file(to retain transparency), THEN I place it on my t-shirt mock up.

· Registered
174 Posts
You can also save your original file as a layered PSD (for ease of editing later). Then CTRL-A to select all (sorry, don't know the Mac equivalent) then CTRL-C to copy all layers. Then open your shirt template, and CTRL-V to paste. The newly pasted layers should all stay selected, and you can move them around on your shirt template together. (CTRL-G will group them, so you could do that right before you try moving them around.)

Hope that helps!

· Registered
22 Posts
Another option is to group all the layers you want then turn off all the other layers you do not want. Create a layer at the very top. It should be blank. Then make sure you are on that new layer, and go to Image>Apply Image>Ok. This way you will still have all your layers plus one layer with "all the layers you want".

You can use this method if you still want the original layers separated.

· Registered
353 Posts
You can also hold down "Alt" while clicking (and not releasing) the little arrow in the upper-right of the layers pallet and selecting "Merge Visible".

This will take a snap-shot of all your visible layers and create an new layer with your image on it. Now you can just drag that single layer to a new document.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.