T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
My partner and I are about to possibly open a sporting goods/screen printing business. For the first couple of months we may need to outsourse some work before we can get the proper equipment such as embroidery machine and trophy making tools. What would be the procedure in approaching someone about outsourcing some of my work? For instance, if i need some trophies done is it typical to supply the outsourcing business the supplies or do they purchase? Would I be paying as much for the product as if someone off the street came in and ordered the same thing? I know most of these question would vary depending on who you try to get to outsource your work but just looking for some ideas from those of you that outsource or do outsourcing work for others. Thanks

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
I prefer to use someone local. Whenever possible get recommendations from other business people (or friends) that you trust. Call them and explain that you are a business looking to outsource some work for resell (you don't need to explain further than that) and ask if they are willing to cut you a break. Many places will, some won't. In my experience they should give you a 20-50% cut depending upon the business (some have more markup than others). You can can ask for references but I never do. You should look at some of their other product to get an idea of their quality. Visit them and trust your instincts. The most important thing is that they do what they say they will do. Everyone makes mistakes but how they handle it is very important. If they make a mistake right off the bat, take it as a bad omen ... first impressions and all that. Don't be afraid to switch it up.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
One other thing that excellent companies tend to have in common, they make it very easy to do business with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts