T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to know if i get a authorize.net acct and already have a software where i can enter the authorize.net un/pw in it do i need a merchant acct on top of that or is authorize.net and/or the software already the merchant acct? Hopefully i am not asking this wrong.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i want to know if i get a authorize.net acct and already have a software where i can enter the authorize.net un/pw in it do i need a merchant acct on top of that or is authorize.net and/or the software already the merchant acct? Hopefully i am not asking this wrong.
Authorize.net is a Payment gateway. You still need a merchant account to set up Authnet.

You can use the 3rd party resellers at www.authorize.net

Or we use United Bank Card at www.unitedbankcard.com

·
Registered
679 Posts
The poster above summed it up. Try to avoid using authorize.net's parent company (cybersource) as your merchant account. Fees are high, plus they hold onto your money for up 5 days after capturing, before depositing into your account.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It is not easy to maintain the merchant account. Some time it create problem when payment due. There lot of complains about these accounts.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You should just use BigCartel. They have it where you can for $10 a month or $20 if you wish, to have a shopping cart which you can customize, and it takes care of all of that. you get stats and everything. It seems more worth it to me to do that then anything, because than you are dealing with all that crap which is time consuming.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts