T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

A friend of mine offering me a M&R red chilli flash cure unit.
My question is did anyone ever use that unit? Pro & con
I'll use it for manual print.

Thanks.:)

·
Registered
175 Posts
that is the flash unit that i have and i absolutely love it... Mine has the sensor on it and turns on when it detects a pallet under it. It also shuts off automatically so i never have to worry if i need to walk away from the press. I can set the time i want it to heat before it shuts off for each shirt. I never scorch shirts or my pallets... I have yet to find a single "con" two thumbs up!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim, I'll take it.
How long the time to gelling a plastisol ink? Can i use it for waterbase ink?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks Jim, I'll take it.
How long the time to gelling a plastisol ink? Can i use it for waterbase ink?
i can't tell u bout waterbase ink but with plastisol, i spin the carousel to print the next shirt and by the time i am ready to print the next one and spin again, the shirt that was being flashed is completely dry to the touch.. just a few seconds.. it doesn't delay my production speed at all

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just a quick heads up on using a quartz flash on a manual press.

Since the quartz heat is so intense, if you are using composite pallets they may warp prematurely. If you are using aluminum or rubber-topped aluminum you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So a diamond back owner can't use it? I using it on a sidewinder, raise the distance between pallet & lamp. So far so good. How long did you thing it will wrap? Have you ever experience it? Let me know bro.

·
Registered
56 Posts
By no means am I saying you can't or shouldn't use it. This is not an absolute. Just me throwing out a friendly caution.

I can't give you any definitive answers nor am I saying it WILL happen to you but I have seen it happen on mulitple manual presses inside a year. Make sure on your longer print runs where you will be getting more heat build up that your squeegee is striking down evenly across the platen. An automatic has so much more pressure than a person.

Your M&R platens may hold up better than others but my guess is the basic adhesive within the compounds are similar.

You may want to periodically throw a straight edge on the pallets just to keep track. Once a pallet starts to warp you will start increasing pressure on one side vs the other(to compensate) which will compound and accelerate the warping.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone out there know of another flash unit like the Red Chili that is on a switch?

I own a Red Chili, but I need a second flash unit for my Diamondback, I just can't afford another Red Chili at the moment.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I think anatol makes one called the rapid heat wave flash but im not sure if it's compatible with other presses other then anatol. Maybe get a reno flash? I know its not a quartz element flash but it still shuttles in and out so you wont over flash.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks Jake,

I considered it, but we really like the functionality if our Red Chili. Also, our shop is pretty small, and shuttleing in and out may get in the way. Plus, moving it around didn't sound too fun, which we do a lot due to only haveing a 6 color machine.

In any case, we actually found a used Red Chili for sale. So we are having it shipped over.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts