T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

I am new to the site and it looks great! I have a question I was hoping someone could answer. I currently make shirts using heat transfers and I am wanting to get into dye-sublimation. The only problem is, my market is selling infant and toddler T-shirts. I have been having trouble with some of them bleeding. I started selling in April and have sold over 1000 shirts. Out of those I have only had about a dozen complain of bleeding, but anyway, I wanted to switch to dye-sub, but I cannot find any manufacturers who sell 50/50 toddler or infant T-shirts. I currently use Rabbit Skins 100% cotton. They do not have a 50/50. I have also looked into Hanes, Gilden, and Gerber with no luck. Does anyone know of a manufacturer? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Kristy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I am going to purchase some of the magic mix. I am still curious if there are any manufacturers because I would like to explore dye-sub!

Thanks!
Kristy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I am going to purchase some of the magic mix. I am still curious if there are any manufacturers because I would like to explore dye-sub!

Thanks!
Kristy
Hi Kristy,

If you are still out there do you mind sharing how you were able to sell some many tee shirts in such a short period of time?

Thanks,
Sheila

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Kristy, I just ordered some childrens shirts from a company called Blank T-Shirts. I ordered some onesie's and some small child. They seem to work pretty good

·
Registered
35 Posts
It could be the paper you are using. I have found different papers give entirely different results. I heat pressed a chef hat rim a few years ago with a brand of transfer paper I had not used before. The person wearing the hat was sweating and the ink ran like crazy! Switched papers and had no problems. I have also found some papers will have no bleeding on knits, but the same paper will bleed on woven fabrics. I now test papers on several fabrics including washing and drying them before proceeding with anything I am going to put out for the consumer. Oh, the joys of having your own business.

Mary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts