T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a heat press machine and I was wondering if anyone knows if sunie and or illumapress makes good presses. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, what do you recommend as far as heat presses go. I am really hoping not to spend more than 600. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
$600 is a good budget for a secondhand press. I'd see what you can find on the secondhand market - name brand presses are built to last.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
The Sunie is very good press I had one for six months. Beat the hell out of it then sold it for the same price that I paid for it. And the person that got it told me it is still going and he takes it all over to flea markets and he beats the hell out of it and still works!

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I have heard great things about the Sunie press. I have'nt used one , but from all reports they are a good product. I would suggest looking for a used name brand press, as lewis said they are built to last. .... JB

·
Registered
40 Posts
I purchased the mug press from Sunie and it worked well. I recently sold it (no longer imprinting mugs) and it sold quickly for around the same price as I purchased it. So for an "off name brand" I'd give it it 2 thumbs up :)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Also, what do you recommend as far as heat presses go. I am really hoping not to spend more than 600. Thanks.
I bought a brand new HIX Presto 15 for just over $600. It's a clamshell and it's not automatic, but it gets the job done and HIX is a dependable brand.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
I have a Stahls' Mighty Press. I was too chicken to buy one of the others (I have a lifetime warranty on the heating element.) These threads were also not available when I purchased, and buying off brand was more *hit or miss* before everyone nailed down a few good models that really work well (thank you, peeps).

So - when I see what the others paid, the good luck they have, and the bigger platen they got - I wish I was more brave. Cluck, cluck, that's the way it goes sometimes. :)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Im a sunie owner as well. Very good presses, no problems and no complaints it made me a couple thousand in a few months. I don't use it anymore that i have a Mighty press and have my sunie as a back up, but would definetly give it a thumps up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for all of your input. This site has been a great resource. When I order my press I will post how it is going.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts