T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i wonder if I could get some advice on this question:

Not knowing any better, i bought the cheapest hat press i could find on ebay. Now i'm learning that the platen size is a problem because all my hats are coming out wrinkled and this no-name brand unit does not offer the ability to switch platens.

SO I'm going to buy a new machine.I found a nice used hotronix xc for sale nearby and i wondered whether:

1) is the standard platen big enough to do full crown hats like flat brims?
2) if not, can it be interchanged? The hotronix website doesn't offer any support for this product (I guess its been discontinued) but do their platens for their newer units fit on this machine?

3) has anyone had any good results using this unit as-is for full crown caps?

the situation is that hats don't make up enough of my business (yet) but go all-in with top notch equipment. So i was looking for something to at least help me fulfill the few orders I get here and there without ruining my inventory.

thanks a million

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
on second thought... i think i solved it. in case anyone else is having this trouble, what i did was take a folded up wash cloth and heat taped it to the top of the platen... now the space beneath the full crown hat is filled in and supported when pressed. simple but effective

· Registered
10,342 Posts
Call stahls on the interchange. If the hat wrinkles then the platen is too big for the hat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.