T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Please let me know if this is the wrong forum to post this question.

I am trying to get a definite answer to this question:

I have an old t-shirt with the tag:
"GILDAN
ACTIVEWEAR
ULTRA COTTON
HEAVYWEIGHT"
(this is just like the tag on my shirt http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA2N1gxN...GrHqFHJCEFH!6N8uKbBRw3W8rJEg~~60_57.JPG?rt=nc )

The closest I seem to be able to find online to buy is the model G200 which has a tag that reads:
"GILDAN
Ultra Cotton"

So are they the same t-shirt and Gildan just changed the tag on it? Or Did Gildan simply stop making the first t-shirt I described? Or have I just not been able to find it yet online to buy but it is out there still?

Any info is very appreciated. Thank you.

· Registered
503 Posts
Hi,

Please let me know if this is the wrong forum to post this question.

I am trying to get a definite answer to this question:

I have an old t-shirt with the tag:
"GILDAN
ACTIVEWEAR
ULTRA COTTON
HEAVYWEIGHT"
(this is just like the tag on my shirt http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA2N1gxN...GrHqFHJCEFH!6N8uKbBRw3W8rJEg~~60_57.JPG?rt=nc )

The closest I seem to be able to find online to buy is the model G200 which has a tag that reads:
"GILDAN
Ultra Cotton"

So are they the same t-shirt and Gildan just changed the tag on it? Or Did Gildan simply stop making the first t-shirt I described? Or have I just not been able to find it yet online to buy but it is out there still?

Any info is very appreciated. Thank you.
Label change because of subtle product and marketing changes. The G200/G2000 was 6.1 oz about a year or so ago. Now it's 6.0 oz and called "Ultra."
So now, the G500/G5000 is called "Heavyweight" even though it's 5.3 oz, making you think you're getting the beefy 6.1 oz shirt of old. Other manufacturers have climbed on board with their new definition of what heavyweight is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.